Read whyCOS is 'One of the Best Places to Liveaccording to US News and World Report.'
This information may change annually.
This is a special at-will position funded by a FTA grant received by Transit annually.
Transit Services Supervisor
In this position, you will coordinate activities related to facilities management and fleet fixed and rolling stock, including budgeting, planning, and capital assets management.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Develop and maintain facilities maintenance and ADA transition plans; establish asset management program; and implement project management standards
- Manage facility assets including, buildings, transfer stations, park and rides, and bus stop shelters, benches, and other amenities
- Ensure appropriate facilities-related safety and security measures are taken and documented
- Provide oversight and manage fleet maintenance contract, replacement and disposition, and the Enterprise Asset Management plan
- Monitor work flow; review and evaluate procedures and work product; and meet with reporting staff to identify and resolve operational or procedural problems
- Ensureall activities are carried out in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations; set policies and procedures to ensure activities are carried out by sound practices and with proper internal controls
- Forecastand develop the workgroup's budget; monitorexpenditures; implement adjustments; and follow established processes for purchasing and contracting for goods and services needed to accomplish the goals of the division, including developing contract specifications, managing projects, and overseeing contracts to ensure compliance with agreed terms
- Monitor complaints; diagnose, investigate, and resolve issues promptly
- Assist in project and program development and administration; develop policies that facilitate clear expectations between Transit and service providers
- Organize and facilitate operational update meetings; coordinate with contractors and staff to keep communication open; and present and promote transit services to appropriate boards and committees
- Coordinate operational activities with the division's other programs and workgroups, contractors, City departments and divisions, outside agencies, and the public
- Research, conduct studies, and stay informed of industry trends and innovations; provide recommendations for improvements or planning purposes; and participate in developing division goals, priorities, and policies
- Select, train, direct, motivate, and evaluate assigned staff; provide and/or coordinate staff training; and work with employees to correct deficiencies
- Provide training to those outside the direct reporting relationship; provide technical assistance
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Excellent supervisory skills needed to manage and direct operational services
- Knowledge of transit operations, funding, planning, and rules and regulations
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulation
- Knowledge of principles and practices of various transit systems
- Ability to stay current with industry trends, regulations, and best practices
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple projects
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Independent and analytical judgment and decision-making skills are necessary to apply technical skills effectively.
Successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in transportation planning, public administration, or a related field
- Five years of full-time professional experience in public transportation planning, transit programs, or a related field, including three years of supervisory experience
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience and understanding of different modes of transit services
- Experience in public transportation operations related to fleet and/or facilities management
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov/jobs and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings ? Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
One of the more important decisions you can make for yourself, your spouse, and/or dependents is your choice of benefits, which is part of the total compensation package. We are proud to offer this extensive selection of benefits to meet the needs of our employees and their families. Our benefits program is designed to provide you with quality offerings that promote wellness and health care accountability. To see more about our Total Reward Philosophyhttps://coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/benefits-wellness?mlid=9971
To view basic information regarding the City'scomprehensive benefits, please reference the 2019 Benefits Guidehttps://coloradosprings.gov/sites/default/files/inline-images/benefits_guide_2019_web.pdf
- Yes, my application is completed in full.
- No, my application is not completed in full.
* Required Question