Responsible for receiving and dispatching radio calls, answering multi-line phones, routing transit vehicles, preparing daily deposits, monitoring vehicle status; and performing routine clerical duties; transporting passengers safely and efficiently on a fixed route or demand-responsive public transportation system in a safety-sensitive position environment. This is a part-time position with no guaranteed number of work hours and has a 29-hour work week maximum.
Requires non-standard or rotating shift work, including weekends and may be subject to call back.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE/LICENSING & TRAINING
- Answers multi-line phones and provide callers with information regarding directions and City's transit services.
- Receives and dispatch radio calls; dispatch and route transit vehicles.
- Performs data entry in order to maintain records and generate reports.
- Completes reports related to vehicle operations and maintenance; monitor vehicle status in order to schedule preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Collects and record transit fares; reconcile the drivers' paperwork and prepare deposits.
- Operates City transit/transport vehicles for the purpose of transporting passengers.
- Receives instructions from the radio dispatcher in order to pick up and drop off passengers.
- Assists passengers by deploying ramps/wheelchair lifts and securing passengers with disabilities.
- Inspects, maintains transit vehicles, and cleans the interior of vehicles.
- May train new employees and perform duties similar in nature or level.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Comply with and promote safe practices in agreement with the safety rules and procedures set forth in the Loss Control Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good work habits
- Customer service orientation and safe work operations
- Knowledge of recordkeeping practices
- Traffic and safety laws
- Analyze and interpret comprehensive job requirements
- Carry out assigned projects to their completion
- Communicate efficiently verbally and in writing;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, City officials, and the general public
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Understand and follow instructions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
LICENSING & TRAINING:
- Valid Commercial Driver's License, Class C or higher with a "P" (Passenger) endorsement prior to employment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some College
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree or higher
- Trade School/Technical College
- None of the above
- No experience
- Less than one year
- One year to less than two years
- Two years to less than three years
- Three years to less than four years
- Four years to less than five years
- Five years to less than six years
- Six years to less than seven years
- Seven years to less than eight years
- Eight years to less than nine years
- Nine years to less than ten years
- Ten or more years
- Valid State Driver's License
- Valid State Commercial Driver's License
- I do not currently posses a valid Driver's License.
- I have read and acknowledge that all communication regarding this position will be sent to me via email.
* Required Question