POSITION TITLE: Training Coordinator
STATUS: Regular Full Time
UNION STATUS: 03 Non-Represented
REPORTS TO: Personnel/Payroll Manager
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
CLOSING DATE: 06/07/19 9:00 pm AK
Under the general supervision of the Personnel/Payroll Manager, the Training Coordinator provides a full range of clerical and administrative support functions for the Human Resources Department, including coordination of training opportunities for Borough staff, tracking all delivered trainings, and monitoring expiring training and/or certifications.
1. Conduct research and analysis to identify Borough wide training needs.
2. Coordinate necessary training and ensure effective deployment, using both internal and external sources. Coordinate all aspects of training including room scheduling, employee notification and scheduling, training materials, technology setup, and other trainer needs.
3. Coordinate with external training providers to develop effective training programs.
4. Develop internal training programs on a variety of subjects utilizing multiple tools and media.
5. Assign and deliver training programs to appropriate staff; ensure timely completion and tracking of training. Maintain and/or develop data tracking and reporting systems. Issue training completion certificates.
6. Monitor, track, coordinate, and update training identified for participants in the Workforce Strategic Plan ? Emerging Leaders Program.
7. Develop and maintain continual education support materials to be used for reference once training has been completed.
8. Continually evaluate training progress and training procedures to monitor and analyze course effectiveness and update curriculum as needed. Stay up to date on new training methods and techniques.
9. Provide support and development to continue implementation of personnel and payroll physical records into the electronic Records Management System (Encompass), including establishing scanning protocols, file preparation, and digital scanning of essential records. Thoroughly test for quality assurance, retention, and retrieval of scanned documents.
10. Serve as Personnel/Payroll filing coordinator for official personnel files.
11. Provide back up support for the Administrative Assistant IV, and direct clerical and administrative support to the Risk Manager, Personnel/Payroll Manager, and Director of Human Resources. Duties may include cross training and back up in other areas of the Human Resources Department such as: payroll, risk, and general administration.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. One (1) year administrative experience. One (1) year experience creating and/or maintaining training related documentation.
2. Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook required, electronic records management system and publishing programs experience preferred); ability to maintain computerized databases and work with a variety of e-learning platforms and training tools. Experience working with automated systems is preferred. Demonstrated data entry skills with ability to type with speed and accuracy.
3. Must possess a high degree of verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail and advanced technical skills are required.
4. Ability to use independent judgment and perform work in an organized and professional manner.
5. Ability to perform multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while delivering excellent service to internal and external customers in a full service Human Resources Department.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee information is essential. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work in a team environment required.
7. Ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with the public and maintain effective working relationships with other employees under sometimes stressful situations.
8. Ability to have and maintain a valid driver?s license and to meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under the Borough?s insurance program. If personal automobile is used for Borough business, proof of insurance at statutory limits must be provided. (A CURRENT COPY OF DRIVING RECORD WILL BE REQUESTED AT TIME OF HIRE.)
9. A PROFICIENCY TEST MAY BE ADMINISTERED.
10. This position requires a criminal background check.
Continuous contact with all employees at all levels of the Borough, continuous routine public contact, and frequent contacts involving outside organizations/agencies.
Does not supervise others; experiences minor problems daily and occasional major ones that must be resolved on own initiative with little supervision; the consequences of error, carelessness or mistaken judgment require normal effort to recover.
General office where conditions are pleasant; good conditions, clean area; work where accidents/hazards are negligible; requires short periods of light lifting, pushing or pulling (1-25 lbs.).
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit a completed online application on or before the closing date and time as specified in the Job Posting. Online applications can be located at www.fnsb.us then click on the ?JOBS? tab.
For additional information please call (907) 459-1202 or the Borough Direct Job Line at (907) 459-1206.
The Borough complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/interview/selection process, contact the Human Resources Office at (907) 459-1202 or the EEO office. The EEO Compliance Officer can be contacted at (907) 459-1309.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER