The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) delivers a wide range of human services designed to promote self-sufficiency and well-being for all Georgians. The department is one of the largest agencies in state government with an annual budget of $1.8 billion and more than 9,000 employees.DHS is comprised of three divisions and 14 Administrative Support Offices.
The Division of Aging Services (DAS) is seeking candidates for the position of Training and Development Specialist 3.This position is located at the State Office at 2 Peachtree Street NW in Fulton County, Georgia.Job Description
Pay Grade: K
Under broad supervision, responsible for assessing, planning and/or coordinating training sessions for an agency. Performs end-to-end learning and development. Evaluates training and learning outcomes in relation to functional and/or technical training activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops and provides training for APS / PGO Supervisors and Lead Workers.
- Develops and writes policies and procedures specific to APS / PGO Supervisor and Lead Worker activities.
- Assures that policy and procedures adhere to State and federal law, regulations, rules, and policies, as well as nationally-recognized standards.
- Uses findings of Supervisor quality reviews to develop or enhance training.
- With guidance from the Lead Trainer / Policy Writer, develops and follows a schedule for development of training and publication of policy and procedures and updates policy as needed for unscheduled program needs.
- Serves as lead for APS / PGO ODIS publications.
- Participates in APS / PGO staffings with other DHS partners as needed to determine training needs.
- Attends weekly DAS Leadership Team meetings and All DAS Staff Meetings
- Provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers by honoring commitments, being courteous, accessible and responsive.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and consistently display a respectful and professional demeanor.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, time management, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Consistently delivers results in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates accountability for self and contributions to the team.
High school diploma or GED AND Three years of experience providing educational, training or instructional services in functional area.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to candidates who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, demonstrate some or all of the following skills/experience:
- 2 years experience as APS / PGO Supervisor
- Experience in developing training and writing program policy
- Possession of a valid driver's license and consistent access to a vehicle for required work-related activities
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DHS will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
Criminal Background Checks/Applicant Privacy Rights
All applicants may be subject to a drug screen and may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of criminal history information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Applicants have the right to challenge the contents of any criminal history record obtained for the purpose of employment with DHS. For an explanation of these rights, please read, "Applicant Privacy Rights" at:http://gbi.georgia.gov/sites/gbi.georgia.gov/files/related_files/document/ApplicantPrivacyRights.pdf
As an employee of DHS, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: [email protected].
DHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of DHS to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
In addition to a competitive salary, DHS offers a generous benefits package, which includes employee retirement plan; paid holidays annually; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, health and child care spending account. Visithttp://team.georgia.gov/for more information.
Health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, healthcare and childcare spending accounts, and life insurance plans are available.
Health Benefits: 1-800-610-1863State Health Benefit Plan
Flexible Benefits:1-877-342-7339GA Breeze Portal
State employees participate in the Employee's Retirement System. Contributions are based on a percentage of salary and service date entry
Employee Retirement System: 1-800-805-4609ERS Website
Tax shelter plans are available that enable employees to provide for greater retirement security. Fund programs are available in both 457(k) and 401(k) plans.
Peach State Reserves: 1-877-342-7339ERS / Peach State Reserves
Employees are eligible to become members of theAtlanta Postal Credit UnionandGeorgia United Credit Union
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
- Some College/Tech
- High School Diploma
- None of the Above
- Less than 1 Year
- 1 Years
- 2 Years
- 3 Years
- More than 4 Years
- Less than 1 Year
- 1 Years
- 2 Years
- 3 Years
* Required Question