- Strong, secure, yet flexibleretirement benefitsincludingPERAchoice of Defined Benefit Plan orPERADefined Contribution Plan plus401Kand 457 plans
- Employee wellness programs
- Medical and dental health plans
- Paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities, and more
This position exists at a fully operational independent level to respond, troubleshoot, and correct building client issues during normal operating hours. This position works at and travels to all the facilities listed above. The job duties include but are not limited to: building temperature control, minor plumbingand electrical problems and minor building security issues (locked doors, broken windows, etc.). This position also makes machine room rounds/equipment checks.
- HVAC troubleshooting, repairs and adjustments to a variety of different types of HVAC systems for patient, client and laboratory comfort. This work includes, but is not limited to T-stat adjustments, minor airflow modifications and other adjustments for client/patient comfort
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on HVAC systems including filter change-outs, coil cleaning, belt replacement, greasing bearings, and other related work
- Plumbing troubleshooting and repairs to plumbing fixtures, unplugging sinks, toilets, floors drains, and sewer drain lines in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Electrical troubleshooting and minor repairs to include light switches, receptacles, resetting circuit breakers, power cords, light bulb replacement, electric door locks, HVAC controls and other minor repairs as directed
- General building maintenance to include: wall repair, flooring repairs, painting, mechanical room inspections and repair, minor fence repairs, lock repairs, door repairs, hinge repairs, FRP installations, minor roof repairs, carpet repairs, window repairs, sprinkler system repairs, fire alarm system repairs
- Utilize the available electronic devices for work tracking andothercomputer duties as required to accomplish the job task
- Monitors and controls expenses in accordance with the budget. Provides supervisor with estimates, proposed costs for preventative, routine maintenance and emergency repairs
Other duties as assigned including snow removal
Four (4) years of progressivelyresponsible experience instructural trades with maintenance on equipment and machines,includingcarpentry, electrical, painting,locksmithing.
Appropriate education or successful completion or formalized apprenticeshipprogram will substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check, pre-employment drug screening.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be willing to test for Tuberculosis (TB) test.
- Must be willing to receive an annual influenza vaccination or provide a document for a medical exemption or a letter for religious exemption.
- Must be available for call back to perform essential and/or emergency services of the agency without delay or interruption.
- Must be willing to properly use, handle and properly respond to exposure to hazardous materials.
- Must be available for shift work.
Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment withCDHS.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
Please be aware the application review is based solely upon the information provided in your application packet, including the Work Experience and Supplemental Questions sections of your application. Therefore, it is imperative that you provide extensive detail in these sections of your application.You shouldspecifically address how, and in what capacity, your work experience satisfies the minimum requirements or allowable substitution requirements of this position, as well as the preferred qualifications.
Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact by phone 1-800-929-0791 or email [email protected] at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Please note that each agency's contact information is different; therefore, we encourage all applicants toview the full, official job announcementwhich includes contact information and class title. Select the job you wish to view, then click onthe "Print" icon.
* Required Question