Performs clerical accounting and data entry duties in collecting revenues and maintaining records of collections; communicates with citizens at parking lot booth, the counter, and on the telephone.Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, methods, and equipment.
- Ability to perform data entry on a personal computer.
- Ability to proficiently use a 10-key adding machine.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, the general public and others.
- Ability to maintain a valid Texas Driver License and a good driving record.
- Ability to maintain harmonious and effective working relationships with other employees and respond to general public complaints.
- Ability to project a positive and professional image of the City of Laredo.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing in the English language and orally in the Spanish language.
- Ability to comply with all City of Laredo's policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain good health and physical condition sufficient to permit the full performance of the duties of the position.
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed inside and/or outside a stockroom. Work may be exposed to a variety of weather conditions and outdoor elements, such as: excessive dampness, chill, heat, humidity, intermittent noise, and inclement cold weather. Work may be exposed to a variety of environmental conditions, such as: life-threatening situations, dry atmosphere, dirt, dust, constant noise, and slippery/uneven walking surfaces. Capable of working closely with others or alone, working long or irregular working hours, working shift work and/or weekends, working around moving objects or vehicles, and working around machines with moving parts and objects. Ability to operate office equipment; work requires light carrying and lifting (under 24 pounds), straight pulling, pulling hand over hand, simple grasping, dual simultaneous grasping, repeated bending, sitting, standing, pushing, crouching, twisting, kneeling, stooping, climbing stairs, walking, and reaching above shoulders. Ability to see, write, read, count, identify shade of colors, perceive depth, and hearing is needed to perform the essential functions of this job.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes funds received from parking revenues by counting monies, preparing cash count forms, deposit slips, and deposit bags. Verifies that all the information is complete and accurate to be deposited to the bank.
- Inputs data into fee computer system to collect revenues of outgoing vehicles.
- Checks records (automated and manual) for delinquent accounts; prepares billing statements.
- Answers departmental telephone and/or greets citizens at the parking facilities to provide information regarding parking lot locations, fees, and directions.
- Assists in maintaining a log to monitor and inventory the vehicles at the parking lot.
- May act as backup to the Parking Clerks and perform their duties in their absence if required.
- Assists in maintaining good communication between staff, visitors, and other business contacts.
- Must follow all rules of telephone courtesy in all telephone communications.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Atleast one (1) year of experience in general clerical and cashhandling/cashiering experience.
Valid Texas Driver License*
*If applicant holds an out-of-state license, a State of Texas Driver License must be obtained prior to employment.
As part of the minimum requirements for all positions with the City of Laredo, a thorough background check and certified school transcripts will be required from all applicants who are offered employment.
Effective February 24, 1997, all selected applicants are required to undergo a drug and alcohol test prior to employment.
Effective January 7, 2008, all persons in safety-sensitive functions/positions, as per City of Laredo Drug and Alcohol Policy definition, shall be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
A person with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human Resources Department at (956) 727-6460 two days prior to the scheduled interview and/or test if applicable.
The City of Laredo provides a benefit compensation package that includes the following for all Full-time regular employees:
- 10 days ofpaid vacation per year
- 6 1/2 days sick leave per year
- Pension plan
- 14 paid Holidays
- Paid health*
- Dental plan*
- Life insurance*
*30 day waiting period
- I have read and understood the above information.
- I have read and do not understand the above information. I will contact the Human Resources Department for further explanation.
* Required Question