POSITION: Telecommunicator/Entry Level Deputy- Communications
Bureau/Division: Support Svc/Communications
Title/Rank: Telecommunicator/Entry Level Deputy
Assignment: Communications/Shift (TBA)
Reports to: Sergeant-Communications
Posted: December 18, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5:00 PM Friday, January 3, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: This position receives emergency calls from the public and dispatches appropriate emergency personnel. Receives, evaluates, prioritizes and initiates responses to requests for information and services, including emergency services. Accesses, retrieves, disseminate, and protect confidential law enforcement related data from a variety of protected local, state and federal databases. Enters critical and confidential law enforcement data into TCIC and NCIC databases as well as perform related duties. Assists in the maintenance of the communications center and report regularly for work and be on time.Minimum Qualifications
- Must be able to work under adverse conditions and during unusual hours including nights, weekends, holidays and scheduled/unscheduled overtime.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain TCOLE Basic Telecommunicator License, TCIC and NCIC certifications.
- Speak, read, and write the English language in a clear and understandable fashion
- Possess a valid Texas driver's license
- Knowledge of computers and job related software programs and basic typing skills
- Pass a background review and interviews
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
Interested parties should submit, no later than the APPLICATION DEADLINE, a letter of intent or email detailing their interest and qualifications along with their full name, contact address and phone number to:
Recruiting and Training Division
Phone: (409) 766-2321
E-mail: [email protected]
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
The County of Galveston, the Galveston County Sheriff's Office, nor any elected or appointed official of either entity makes any promise, guarantee, contract, or offer, expressed or implied, of any current or future employment by the offering.