Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- May provide lead direction to other clerical support staff.
- Uses a microcomputer and a variety of software to develop complex applications which support a Department's programs, services, and administrative functions.
- Researches, tests, and enhances vendor supplied software applications and utility programs to assess, design, and develop applications for a Department.
- Inputs a variety of data and information into microcomputer software and generates reports and documents.
- Uses software manuals, utilization guides, and personal contacts with software vendors to develop expertise and new uses for software packages.
- Coordinates with Department supervisors and management in producing and maintaining project files, information systems, and composing and creating reports.
- Performs a variety of complex administrative, office support and para-professional functions.
- Revises and updates existing microcomputer applications and information systems.
- Gathers data, conducts surveys, and prepares reports. Also develops graphics for presentations and studies.
- Creates complex spreadsheets, report formats, forms, and record maintenance systems.
- Responds to a variety of public, staff, and management inquiries, providing the requisite information, or referring the requests to supervisory and management staff as appropriate.
- Assists in special projects designated by the department.
Three (3) years of full time experience performing a variety of office and administrative support work utilizing a microcomputer and software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, imaging, and database software.
Equivalent to completion of a two (2) year Associate Degree from an accredited college or university with at least twenty-four (24) units in Office Administration or another closely related field.
One (1) year of full time experience which require proficiency in performing a variety of office and administrative support work utilizing a microcomputer and software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, imaging, and database software equivalent to a Typist Clerk II or Office Assistant II with Merced County.
HOLIDAYS & LEAVES
10 days the first 5 years of continuous employment (limited to a maximum of 160 hours), 15 days in the second 5 years of continuous employment (limited to a maximum of 240 hours), and 20 days after 10 years of continuous employment (limited to a maximum of 320 hours).
.0462 hours sick leave for each paid regularly scheduled work hour. 12 days (96 hours per year) with unlimited accumulation. Optional annual buy back of a portion of accumulated sick leave hours upon meeting certain criteria.
Twelve paid holidays annually plus one optional holiday.
Three (3) regularly scheduled work days or five (5) days if distance traveled over 500 miles one-way.
County paid health plan with maximum contributions; 100% for employee up to maximum of $420, 50% of dependent up to maximum of $100 for child/$220 for spouse biweekly. County paid dental and vision plans, 100% for employee, with 50% of dependent premiums paid by the County.
State Disability Insurance - Benefit based on highest quarter during previous calendar year. Employee pays premium.
$10,000 County-paid coverage (Accidental Death and Dismemberment included). Voluntary Term Life and Universal Life Insurance available - premium paid by employee.
The County offers a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan. Employees choose their investment funds and can make pretax contributions to the plan up to the maximum allowable.
MERCED COUNTY EMPLOYEE RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION
EXTRA HELP EMPLOYEES DO NOT QUALIFY FOR COUNTY BENEFITS.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
MHNEAP services provides up to five face-to-face counseling sessions per incident and provides a toll-free "800" hotline available 24/7 for emergencies and crisis intervention. EAP services include counseling services, legal services, financial services and Worklife Resource services.
For more informationlogonto members.mhn.com.
EMPLOYEE TICKETS, COUPONS, and DISCOUNTS
The County of Merced has partnered with Employee Savings Tickets to provide discounted coupons and tickets for all county employees to attractions throughout the state and out-of-state. The discounts and coupons are available for shopping, movies, sporting events, theme parks, zoos and aquariums and much more.
THIS BULLETIN IS NOT A CONTRACT AND DOES NOT CREATE CONTRACTUAL OR LEGAL RIGHTS ON BEHALF OF ANY EMPLOYEE. THIS BULLETIN IS SUBJECT OF BEING SUPPLEMENTED, MODIFIED, WITHDRAWN OR OTHERWISE CHANGED PENDING LABOR AGREEMENTS AND/OR AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COUNTY EXECUTIVE OFFICER OR AS THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS DEEM NECESSARY.
For answers to specific questions regarding employee benefits, please call Human Resources at 209.385.7682 or go to Merced County Benefits Summary