This position serves as the Director, Division of Environmental Health Services (DEHS), with responsibilities of planning, implementing, directing, and evaluating a comprehensive Environmental Health Services program for the Albuquerque Area Indian Health Service.
Learn more about this agency
- Formulates and implements policies, programs, and procedures for administering projects or programs concerned with eliminating and preventing environmental hazards.
- Resolves problems related to environmental health services, investigates complaints and other incidents.
- Provides technical consultation to Tribes and tribal organizations on environmental health matters (e.g., food, vector control, water, wastewater, solid waste, injury prevention, institutional environmental health, safety, emergency management, etc.)
- Provides guidance, obtains information pertaining to the status of operations, and discusses proposed pans or procedures to provide an understanding of existing operational requirements.
- Collaborates and coordinates program activities with other Area staff and officials of city, county, state, Tribal, and federal agencies to achieve a comprehensive environmental health program.
Occasional travel - Some travel may required within the local area and within the State.