OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Medical Supply Technician (Sterile Processing) Assistant Chief position is located at the Milo C. Huempfner VA Outpatient Clinic in Green Bay, WI. The employee is under the supervision of the Chief, Sterile Processing Service. The Supervisor provides guidance concerning strategic program requirements, objectives and interpretation but incumbent works primarily independently.
The Assistant Chief contributes to the oversight of all supervision, administrative management and direction of the SPS. Oversees all decontamination, sterilization and disposition of facility critical and semi-critical RME. Develops and maintains a system of internal reviews that ensure service programs operate in compliance with regulatory and accrediting organizations. Contributes to the effective utilization of resources, budgetary allocation and fiscal management. Makes selections, assigns personnel and provides direction to subordinate staff. Manages the training, documenting and evaluating of staff. Serves as liaison between SPS and other departments.
- Responsible for assisting the Chief, Sterile Processing Services (SPS), in oversight of all operational and administrative activities of the service.
- Responsible for the quality management system activities within Sterile Processing Services, to include training, competency assessment, development and enforcement of SOPs.
- Through subordinate supervisors provides technical and direct supervision to GS3 through GS8 Medical Supply Technicians.
- Manages, directs and adapts work to accomplish program goals and objectives, and to meet new and changing program requirements.
- Serves as liaison between SPS and other departments.
- Assists Chief, SPS, in managing the SPS Equipment Inventory Listing (EIL) for equipment assigned to SPS such as sterilizers, washer/disinfector, ultrasonic, sealers through the nonexpendable property program for the assigned facility/system and requests replacement of all equipment under their purview as needed.
- Issues, adapts, implements and maintains local SPS policies and procedures.
- Assists the Chief, SPS in developing, directing and maintaining a Quality Control Program.
- Responds to inquiries from outside regulatory and advisory agencies to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Supply Chain Management to monitor inventory levels.
- Oversees appropriate reprocessing of reusable medical equipment (RME) to eliminate risk of infection and to provide timely safe patient care in all patient care areas.
- Responsible for continuous quality improvement projects that result in improved services to all customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm, variable as needed
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required