The Supervisory Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist position is located within the Columbia VA Health Care System, Columbia SC. This position has the overall responsibility for the coordination and performance of the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Section. He/she works closely with staff to assure optimum quality control, efficient coordination of activities, and producing images for the detection, diagnosis, and evaluation of disease using Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) equipment.
Learn more about this agency
Duties include but not limited to:
- Incumbent determines staffing requirements and develops the weekly and monthly schedules.
- This individual organizes staff work assignments, including lunch and break rotations. Reports absences and/or tardiness to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner
- Participates in training and evaluation of MRI Technologist, utilizing formal orientation and evaluation programs.
- Recommends, coordinates and evaluates new or modified procedures/protocols with submittal and approval by the Chief of Radiology.
- Coordinates the distribution of adequate quantities of supplies for the MRI Section are available to meet workload demands through a systemized process of ordering, receipt and inventory control.
- Assures MRI patients are screened in advance for any contraindicating conditions per Imaging Service policy.
- Explains examinations to be performed to patients so they understand the purpose of the study as well as any requirements of the patients so they understand the potential hazards, if any are possible.
- Performs Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) of the head, neck spine, chest, breast, body, and extremities using applicable coils, with or without contrast. Super-user for reconstruction applications and ancillary equipment (i.e. monitoring and screening devices, I.V. Pumps, ventilators, etc.)
- Utilizes PACS for acquisition, transmission, storage, and review of images, performs QC of all completed studies to ensure timely and accurate interpretation by the radiologist.
- Confers with radiologists to determine requirements of non-standard exams. Determines technical factors, positioning, number and thickness of scans, etc., to produce quality diagnostic MRI exams. Ability to vary tests or treatment procedures as needed to compensate for patient's individual medical conditions and body habitus.
- Incumbent will act as liaison between other modalities, management, outside department entities, etc. for purposes of quality/process improvement, patient/customer satisfaction, and effective and timely inter/intra departmental communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Multiple Schedules ( Various tours of duty are available and may include either day, evening, or nights; to include weekends, holidays, and on call. Management reserves the right to determine and/or change tour of duty.)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required