There are two positions; one is located on the Carson National Forest in Taos, NM, and the other is located on the Santa Fe National Forest in Santa Fe, NM.
These are professional engineering positions where the incumbent serves as an engineering project team leader.
For additional information about the duties of these positions, please contact Albert Martinez at 505-438-5360 or [email protected]
Learn more about this agency
- Responsibilities listed are at the full performance level.
- Review on-the-ground feasibility layout of transportation planning and is responsible for review of all road locations made.
- Responsible for completion or supervision of engineering surveys required to accomplish assigned projects.
- Responsible for performance or supervision of project road design work.
- Responsible for all construction activities on assigned projects including development of the transportation system under timber sale contracts and public works contracts.
- Attend pre-bid, bid opening, and pre-construction meetings to clarify contract intent, scope, coverage, and complexities.
- Reviews bids for adequacy with contracting officer and participate in determination of bidder responsiveness.
- Provide technical and administrative supervision to subordinate employees.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position for site visits, training and/or meetings.