The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) delivers a wide range of human services designed to promote self-sufficiency and well-being for all Georgians. The department is one of the largest agencies in state government with an annual budget of $1.8 billion and more than 9,000 employees.DHS is comprised of three divisions and 14 Administrative Support Offices.
The DHS Office of Procurement, Contracts and Vendor Management(OPC) is an integrated team providing accurate, timely and consistent execution and reporting of procurement transactions in full compliance with audit, state and federal standards. OPC is a team valued by DHS stakeholders for its functional and technical knowledge, customer focus and support of the DHS mission.
OPC is seeking candidates for the position ofStrategic Sourcing Manager. This position is located at2 Peachtree St. Atlanta, Fulton County.Job Description
Pay Grade: M
Under general supervision of the Agency Procurement Officer, the Strategic Sourcing Manager develops and executes strategic sourcing initiatives and coordinates competitive sourcing projects and provides supervision to subordinate procurement agents. Serves as an authoritative resource to agency divisions and offices on procurement matters.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs and manages the purchasing and procurement operations of the Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Supervises procurement and purchasing staff as assigned in performing responsibilities related to the management of procurement.
- Ensures prompt, efficient service is provided to DHS divisions and offices regarding the procurement of goods, services and equipment.
- Adheres to and ensures departmental compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations; ensures compliance with applicable departmental policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains an adequate internal control structure for the agency surrounding the purchasing operations, policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to DHS divisions and offices on the most efficient way of procuring goods and services needed.
- Initiates solicitations for open market purchases, services as a contact for solicitation questions from potential contractors, conducts offeror conferences, oversees the solicitation process, including administrative review, evaluation meetings, validation meeting, and makes awards according to established guidelines.
- Skillfully manages difficult strategic sourcing events in a tactful, respectful and ethical manner.
- Reviews and evaluates requests for Sole Source and Sole Brand purchases to ensure that adequate justification has been provided.
- Reviews and evaluates requests for emergency purchases.
- Serves as liaison for DHS to DOAS (state purchasing).
- Serves as liaison for DHS to Georgia Technology Authority (GTA) regarding solicitation requiring the review/approval.
- Answers protests and/or vendor questions for specific solicitations in accordance with established timeframes.
- Evaluates unit policies, procedures and processes and recommends/implements changes to ensure that the unit is functioning efficiently.
- Assists all levels of personnel in drafting purchase request documents. Consults appropriately to ensure that proper terms/conditions are included in the request package.
- Reviews documents and makes suggestions and/or recommendations to assist DHS personnel in drafting purchase request documents that clearly and accurately define the scope of the project by ensuring that specifications and statements of work are thoroughly reviewed to eliminate unnecessary restrictions and ambiguities.
- Coordinates with and advises customers in the development of evaluation criteria which conform to procurement regulations and facilitate valid evaluations of proposals received.
- Participate in agency discussions concerning the use of statewide contracts and agency contracts of other state agencies.
- Understands, applies, and complies with the Georgia Procurement Manual (GPM), procurement rules and regulations, and departmental policies and procedures. Interprets and ensures compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and ethical standards for assigned staff.
- Understands the Contracts/Procurement relationship and processes. Manages the solicitation contract documentation workflow process. Identifies and accurately reports the appropriate status of solicitation contracts to appropriate divisions, budget analysts and Program Managers.
- Plans, participates in and/or facilitates seminars, workshops and specific training sessions for financial services staff, agency purchasing users and vendors in state procurement policies and procedures.
- Communicates regularly with staff on progress toward goals and/or required results, providing specific feedback and initiating corrective action when defined goals and/or results or not met.
- Evaluates employees at scheduled intervals, obtains and considers all relevant information in evaluations. Motivates staff to improve quantity and quality of work performed and provides training and development opportunities as appropriate.
- Ability to lead complex procurements
- Ability to lead and supervise and manage staff
- Ability to provide authoritative procurement advice and guidance to clients
- Ability to enforce Georgia procurement rules
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate major from an accredited college or university AND Two years of management/supervisory experience in area of assignment.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to candidates who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, demonstrate some or all of the following skills/experience:
- Three years of experience performing procurement responsibilities (i.e. developing solicitations (RFI, RFP, RFQ, RFQC), reviewing proposals, etc.).
- Possess the Georgia Certified Purchasing Associate (GCPA) certification.
- Possess the Georgia Certified Purchasing Manager (GCPM) certification.
- Experience in a governmental procurement setting.
- Experience using PeopleSoft Financials and/or or equivalent procurement software.
- Experience with electronic bidding processes.
- Experience using the Team Georgia Marketplace (TGM) system.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DHS will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
Criminal Background Checks/Applicant Privacy Rights
All applicants may be subject to a drug screen, motor vehicle report check and may be required to submit fingerprints to check for the existence of criminal history information through the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Applicants have the right to challenge the contents of any criminal history record obtained for the purpose of employment with DHS. For an explanation of these rights, please read, "Applicant Privacy Rights" at:http://gbi.georgia.gov/sites/gbi.georgia.gov/files/related_files/document/ApplicantPrivacyRights.pdf
As an employee of DHS, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
DHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of DHS to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
In addition to a competitive salary, DHS offers a generous benefits package, which includes employee retirement plan; paid holidays annually; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, health and child care spending account. Visithttp://team.georgia.gov/for more information.
Health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, healthcare and childcare spending accounts, and life insurance plans are available.
Health Benefits: 1-800-610-1863State Health Benefit Plan
Flexible Benefits:1-877-342-7339GA Breeze Portal
State employees participate in the Employee's Retirement System. Contributions are based on a percentage of salary and service date entry
Employee Retirement System: 1-800-805-4609ERS Website
Tax shelter plans are available that enable employees to provide for greater retirement security. Fund programs are available in both 457(k) and 401(k) plans.
Peach State Reserves: 1-877-342-7339ERS / Peach State Reserves
Employees are eligible to become members of theAtlanta Postal Credit UnionandGeorgia United Credit Union
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
- Some College/Tech
- High School Diploma
- None of the Above
- Less than 1 year
- 1 Years
- 2 Years
- 3 Years
- Less than 1 year
- 1 years
- 2 years
- 3 years
* Required Question