The purpose of this position is to function as a General Mental Health Staff Psychologist at the Sacramento VA, with some emphasis on working with patients suffering from serious mental illness (SMI), including consultation and liaison with the Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR) Services.
Learn more about this agency
This is a multidisciplinary announcement that is also being advertised simultaneously as a Social Worker (GMH/SMI), GS-0185-12. There is one position to be filled as a Staff Psychologist or Social Worker in Mather. Please use vacancy announcement # CBSW-10695214-20-DK if you want to apply to the Social Worker (GMH/SMI) vacancy.
- Independently provides specialized psychological services at all levels of complexity for patients, with an emphasis on treating patients with SMI. Service delivery includes intake evaluation, diagnostic assessments, psychotherapy and patient education. Duties might include Telemental Health services as appropriate.
- Performs clinically indicated evaluations for outpatient and inpatient populations.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions including individual therapy, group therapy, and psycho-education classes. Best practices, practice guidelines and evidence-based treatment protocols are utilized to the extent feasible in all therapeutic interventions.
- Develops person-centered, culturally sensitive treatment plans to address mental health needs of patients.
- Conducts evaluations to aid in the differential diagnosis of complex cases.
- Complies with national and local performance measures, including timely health care screening and completion of clinical reminders for all patients.
- Provision of supervision to psychology interns and other trainees as appropriate.
- Attends regularly scheduled treatment team meetings to ensure efficiency and continuity of service delivery to specialized patient populations.
- Timely completion of all clinical charting and documentation required by the Medical Center or healthcare system, as appropriate.
- Respond to patients request for release of records; return telephone calls, linking of services, and appropriate referrals as needed in a timely fashion.
- With permission from patient, collateral consultation with significant others/ support systems to aid in the facilitation of patients' treatment.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Functional Statement Title: Staff Psychologist (GMH)
On Call: No
Rotating Shifts: No
Fair Labor Standards Acts (FLSA): Exempt