The County of Volusia is seeking a Student Special Worker for the Library Services Division. This position is located at the Hope Place Library inDaytona Beach, Florida and will be responsible for shelving library materials, checking books in and out and assisting with general library clerical duties. Candidate must be an active high school or college student.
Note: This position is temporary part time - ten (10) hours per week.Illustrative Duties
(NOTE: These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position.)
- Performs library functions such as charging/discharging library items, material retrieval, shelving library materials, shelf reading (keeping items in order on the shelves), searching for reserved or overdue materials, etc.
- May be assigned to other county locations based upon operational needs.
- Attends work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Must adhere to Federal, State, County and Local ordinances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: College/University student must be currently enrolled full-time (Spring semester ? minimum 12 credit hours or Summer semester - minimum 9 credit hours)
Note: This position is temporary part time - ten (10) hours per week.
Must pass required background check.
- Knowledge of basic techniques including shelving numerical sorting, and alphabetization.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of basic customer service skills.
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, volunteers, and the Public.
- Able to work under stressful conditions.
- Able to interact effectively with others.
- Must beableto relocate to other county locations based upon operational needs.
Physical Demands: Medium, repetitive work. Ability to see, hear and listen, talk; detailed finger dexterity (including grasping and small tool manipulation), may require visually acuity for fine print. Ability to lift and push 25+ pounds, carry, bend, reach, kneel, crouch, stretch, twist, and climb. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Environmental Demands: Inside work.
Temporary employees do not receive benefits.
- I have read and understand the above statement.
- High School
- Not a Student
- County of Volusia
- Daytona Beach News Journal
- Social Media Sites (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In)
* Required Question