The Social Worker position is located with the Education Service Line at the Black Hills Veterans Health Administrative and serves as the lead clinical consultant to the medical center staff on health coaching. Collaborates with Patient-Aligned Care Team clinicians and interdisciplinary team to provide training, coaching, and consultation regarding health behavior change issues that are integral to the delivery of effective Health Promotion and Disease Prevention services and programs.
Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Works closely with the Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Program Manager to develop new or adapt existing VHA programs, guide implementation, and coordinate evaluation strategies to determine the efficacy HPDP programs.
- Maintains awareness of and provide consultation on the evidence basis for health behavior interventions to promote health and prevent disease and effective health coaching methods by medical center staff.
- Works with Primary Care and Nursing Leadership to provide specific training and consultation to facilitate effective health coaching to support health behavior change and patient self-management and build and maintain competencies in health coaching.
- Provides supervision of social worker trainees conducting direct clinical care.
- Provides consultation and training to Primary Care and Mental Health Service Line staff to enhance, maintain, and support health behavior programs for the promotion of health and prevention of disease and enhancement of patient self-management of chronic diseases.
- Utilizes educational programs developed by the VHA National Center for Health Promotion and Disease prevention and other national program offices for teaching and/or improving the clinical staff members' core patient-centered communication skills.
- Monitors and establishes procedures to contribute to the improvement of population preventive health outcomes for both general and primary care patients.
- Represents the Health Care System at professional programs and/or events, or on Department of Veterans Affairs or community committees or work groups addressing health promotion and preventive medicine or other areas of psychological practice or primary care.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 07:30 am - 4:00 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Functional Statement: 00000/Social Worker (Health Behavior Coordinator)
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position 25% or less of the time.