Social Worker and has both clinical and administrative responsibilities in the Primary Aligned Care Team (PACT) and or Specialty Outpatient Clinics. The incumbent must use a high level of skill in assessing and treating the complicated psychosocial problems of veterans.
Learn more about this agency
Social Work responsibilities include the assessment of psychosocial problems, often at a time when the veteran is experiencing crisis and include the provision of short-term, solution-focused counseling with veterans and/or their family members/significant others.
Working with various patient populations to include, but are not limited to, homeless veterans, Hospice Services, Community Living Center, Home Health services, financial resources, VA benefits, and transportation services.
- Provide individualize care coordination/psychotherapy service and discharge/aftercare planning highlighting patients' strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences within patient interaction, including family and collateral contacts with appropriate release of information in place.
- Adhere to Medical Center Memorandums, (MCM) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for documentation. Adhere to approved templates and required standards for documentation as outlined by accrediting bodies such as Joint Commission, CARF, and/or revenue sources providing funding to VHA.
- Provide documentation sufficient to meet the needs of various interdisciplinary teams engaged in treatment/aftercare planning process both within the facility and for potential placement and/or aftercare programs/facilities.
- Participate in ensuring patients have access to care via completion of required documents, 1010s, Advanced Directive, Consults (per credentialing/policy) Care Coordination Notes (name may vary) and other forms that assist with access to care within the VA or the community.
- Participate in survey accreditation(s) ensuring standards are adhered to within their social work practice, unit/service and at the facility level as well (i.e. infection control and safety).
- Participate in continuous survey readiness through ensuring data for Pl projects, and other documentation required for accreditation are current/up to date.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with occasional weekend coverage
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required