(Last Updated 1/21/2015)
CITY OF WICHITA
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
1. VACATION - Most employees with less than five years' employment earn 10 days of vacation per year. After five years, accrual rates increase at varying rates to varying maximums, depending on work schedule and/or union representation. Maximum accumulation is 30 work days.
2. HOLIDAYS - There are eleven paid holidays. One is a Personal Holiday granted after the first six months to be taken at the employee's option as scheduled with the supervisor.
3. SICK LEAVE - Sick leave accrual begins at one-half day per month. After five years, it is one work day per month (no maximum). Employees who use 24 hours (3 days) or less of sick leave in a calendar year earn a "Well Day." An additional "Well Day" can be earned following a year of perfect attendance.
4. HEALTH INSURANCE - Aetna provides two levels of medical and prescription plans. Both medical plan are PPOs that does not require selecting a physician or referrals for specialty care. Both medical plans include Vision benefits through Vision Service Plan. Pre-tax premium deduction is offered. The City contributes 80% of the premium, towards medical, Rx and vision premiums.
5. DENTAL INSURANCE - Two employee-paid Delta Dental plans are offered ? Preferred and Traditional. DeltaPreferred requires using a dentist from a smaller network for a lower premium. Traditional allows use of any dentist, although benefits are higher using a dentist from the large Delta panel. Benefits under both plans are the same. Pre-tax premium deduction is offered.
6.LIFE INSURANCE ? Low-cost term life insurance is available. Employees pay one-third of the cost. The amount of Basic Life coverage is twice annual pay (Members of SEIUand Teamsters: maximum of $150,000; all non-represented employees: maximum of $400,000). Dependent coverage is available ($4,000) for an additional $0.14 per pay period. Accidental death and dismemberment coverage is included. The plan is through The Standard.
7.SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE ? Additional employee-paid term life insurance is available fromThe Standardat low group rates. Participation in Basic Life is required. This plan is portable.
8. LONG-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE ? This employee-paid group disability plan fromLincoln Financial replaces a selected amount of pre-disability income for work- or non-work-related disabilities. Premiums are determined by income and age.
9.VOLUNTARY ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT - This employee-paid plan fromThe Standardoffers coverage for accidental death and dismemberment in addition to that included in Basic Life.
10.RETIREMENT - The City offers two retirement plans - Wichita Employees (WER) Plan 3, and Commissioned Police & Fire Plan C-79. The WER plan is a defined contribution plan; Police & Fire is a defined benefit plan. Both are contributory - employees and the City share the cost.
11.FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS ? Employees may elect to make pre-tax deductions for dependent care and unreimbursed medical expenses, reducing the cost of these expenses by eliminating taxes on the amount deducted.
12. LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE ? This plan from UNUM offers facility and home care benefits for employees, spouses and some other family members. Several options for benefit amount and duration, and specific plan features, are available.
13.MORE BENEFITS & SERVICES
Deferred Compensation Investment Program
Emergency Leave (for immediate family death)
Employee Assistance Program
Injury Leave (on-job injury)
Direct Payroll Deposit
La Petite Discounted child care center 265-1037
- I currently have a Class A CDL.
- I currently have a Class B CDL.
- I currently have a Class A CDL with airbrake and/or tanker endorsement.
- I have a Class B CDL with airbrake and/or tanker endorsement.
- I do not have a Class A or Class B CDL with brake or tanker endorsement, but am willing and able to obtain this requirement within 60 days if selected for the position.
- I am not willing or able to obtain a Class A or Class B CDL with brake or tanker endorsement.
- 1 - 4 years of experience
- 5-8 years of experience
- 8+ years of experience
- I do not have experience working with electrical troubleshooting and solid state electronics and system diagnostics
* Required Question