About the Position:
The U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY is an academic institution located in the Hudson River Valley, 50 miles from New York City. The historic site is the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point is a self contained city with housing, a Department of Public Works, libraries, hospital, fire department, chapels, and restaurants. Employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theater, Hudson Valley's performing arts center, and recreational facilities.
Learn more about this agency
- Manage and oversee implementation of the Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention (SHARP) Program.
- Responsible for program management support, including strategic planning and policy development, coordination of action plans, providing assistance to Army units, and conducting analysis of policy/program effectiveness for the SHARP Program.
- Serve as an expert in procedures, issues, and criteria related to Army responses, victim advocacy, reporting/investigative procedures, and decision points and impacts related to incidents of sexual assault and sexual harassment.
- Perform analyses and make and/or recommend improvements in data gathering and analysis related to sexual assault and sexual harassment.
- Develop program objectives, policies, and performance measures for program effectiveness with the intent of reinforcing the Army?s commitment to eliminate incidents of sexual harassment and assault.
- Work with subordinate Program and Project Managers to ensure timely and accurate reporting of SHARP Sexual Assault Data Management Systems (SADMS) sexual harassment and sexual assault data.
- Conduct staff inspections/staff assistance visits at subordinate units to evaluate SHARP program management and execution.
- Coordinate and participate in prevention events and communications. Brief leadership on findings.
- Establish and manage the Command's Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault Assistance Line.
- Ensure Unit SHARP Representatives have the communication tools and transportation needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates; set and adjust short-term priorities; assign work and evaluate work of subordinates.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.