Under general supervision, provides highly skilled administrative and secretarial assistance and support to Directors and Administrators of an assigned department or division.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides higher-level administrative and secretarial assistance and support to Directors and Administrators.
- Responds to customer requests for Department information.
- Provides confidentiality and Department information.
- Assists in the development, implementation and administration of Departmental budget.
- Prepares reports and documents other than basic correspondence.
- Processes cash and check payments, performs tasks relative to keeping financial and statistical records and accounts and monitors monthly expenditures.
- Assists in the maintenance of the calendar of events and activities for the Department.
- Oversees, trains and participates in coordinating events and projects.
- Coordinates contracts for office equipment and supplies.
- Assists management in the analysis of departmental data and operations.
- Estimates expense costs for events and maintains budget.
- Assists in and operates office equipment.
- May supervise support staff, perform employee evaluations and approve requests for sick and annual leave.
- Plans, organizes, prioritizes, assigns and reviews tasks given to support staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyzes work related situations and makes independent decisions.
- Develops and maintains files and records and provides personnel copies of files requested.
- Assists in implementing and communicating policies and procedures.
- Answers, screens and directs telephone calls and receives, reads and sorts mail.
- Attends and participates in meetings and prepares and posts agendas.
- Prepares, copies and distributes meeting materials and transcribes minutes.
- Assists other departmental personnel in resolving information technology issues.
- Regular, daily attendance is an essential function for this position.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Town and Department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of research and report preparation techniques.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of event planning techniques and methods.
- Skill in interpreting and applying relevant Town, state and Federal statutes, rules, ordinances, codes, regulations and other governing rules and regulations.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in analyzing data and developing reports.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.College highly desirable.
- Four (4) years experience in office administration; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in providing leadership to other clerical staff is preferred.
- Work is performed in an indoor environment.
Directions for Applying
Please make sure your application is complete by filling in the education and work experience sections of the application.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Oro Valley application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your application please call 1-855-524-5627 for customer support.
Oro Valley is located in northern Pima County, just three miles north of Tucson, and a quick drive to the University of Arizona and Tucson International Airport. With average high temperatures of 83.4 degrees, average lows of 53.8 degrees, the town sits at an elevation of 2,640 feet, covers more than34 square miles and has a current population of 41,011. Oro Valley was incorporated in April, 1974. Oro Valley is also quickly developing a strong reputation as home to the emerging bioscience and biotech industries. We are a young, diverse, dynamic community with a responsive government and our schools are among the finest inArizona.
Town of Oro Valley Benefits Guide 2019/2020
* Required Question