Under general supervision, provides secretarial and clerical support to an assigned department or division.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides customer service, information and assistance to Town staff, visitors and others having business with an assigned department or division.
- Assists customers with Department or Division paperwork and/or other documents.
- Responds to requests for information and resolves questions and inquiries within the span of authority or refers to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains files and records and types correspondence.
- Answers telephone calls and routes calls to appropriate individuals, offices, divisions or departments and receives and delivers messages.
- Attends and participates in meetings and records and transcribes meeting minutes.
- Assists in the creation and distribution of agendas and packets of reports/attachments.
- Processes revenue, payments and/or invoices.
- Assists in front desk coverage.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Town and Department or Division policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques and concepts.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of file and records management practices and principles.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in transcribing, reviewing and proofreading documents and reports.
- Skill in working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years experience in customer service, clerical and/or secretarial duties; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work is performed in an indoor environment.
Directions for Applying
Please make sure your application is complete by filling in the education and work experience sections of the application.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Oro Valley application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your application please call 1-855-524-5627 for customer support.
Oro Valley is located in northern Pima County, just three miles north of Tucson, and a quick drive to the University of Arizona and Tucson International Airport. With average high temperatures of 83.4 degrees, average lows of 53.8 degrees, the town sits at an elevation of 2,640 feet, covers more than34 square miles and has a current population of 41,011. Oro Valley was incorporated in April, 1974. Oro Valley is also quickly developing a strong reputation as home to the emerging bioscience and biotech industries. We are a young, diverse, dynamic community with a responsive government and our schools are among the finest inArizona.
Town of Oro Valley Benefits Guide 2019/2020
* Required Question