Please note: The current vacancy exists in the Emergency Medical Services Administration program within the Emergency Medical Services Division. The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill both extra-help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra-help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as authorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules.
Positions in this classification are in Medical Group I - Light Physical Activity (Personnel Rule 8). This group includes positions which require only light physical effort and may include lifting of small, light objects and some bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching. Considerable walking or standing may be involved.
Please click here to view the Samples of DutiesKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
Please click here to view the Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesMinimum Qualifications
Senior Emergency Medical Services Specialist applicants must qualify under one (1) of the options listed below:
OPTION 1: Experience: Two (2) years of full-time, paid work experience equivalent to that gained as an Emergency Medical Services Specialist with the County of Fresno.
OPTION 2: Experience: Four (4) years of full-time, paid work experience providing advanced life support in a pre-hospital or emergency department setting.
OPTION 3: Experience: Four (4) years of full-time, paid work experience in emergency planning and preparedness operations.
All options listed above require a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent. In addition, the following may be required:
License: Valid Paramedic License issued by the State of California, Emergency Medical Services Authority or Valid Registered Nurse License issued by the State of California, Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Registered Nursing.
TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE:
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Failure to list current, complete and accurate work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) may result in the disqualification of your application.
- Valid driver's license number must be listed on your application. Failure to provide this number on your application will result in your application not being accepted.
Depending upon the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements,applicants may be scheduled for one or more of the processes listed below:
- Written Examination
- Oral Examination - An oral examination includes a panel consisting of at least two members within a similar field of expertise as the vacancy. Candidates are asked structured questions and must respond orally to allow the panel to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant.
Successful candidates will be placed on an employment list, effective for a minimum of 3 months (may be extended up to an additional 12 months), and certified in final rank order as vacancies occur.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIAL:
- Fresno County Employment Application (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
Please note: Applications must be submitted online only via our website by the closing date and time of this recruitment. Applications submitted via U.S. mail, in person, email or fax will not be accepted. Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for this recruitment must be submittedonline only. An online application may be found at: fresnocountyjobs.com.
Open Job Information Flyer andclick "Apply" to begin the online application process. Failure to complete the job application or failure to follow the application instructions (such as the formatting of education or work experience) will result in the disqualification of the applicant. Amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
Once the filing deadline has passed, you may check the status of this recruitment at any time by logging on to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index/fresnoca.
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility to notify Human Resources of any mailing address and telephone number changes. Notices sent via U.S. mail from Human Resources are not forwarded ("Return Service" is requested, therefore mail will not be sent to a forwarding address).
The County of Fresno is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Fresno County to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS - The County of Fresno is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application, examination or selection process may contactHuman Resourcesat (559) 600-1830 at least five days prior to the scheduled date or deadline.
Analyst: Samantha Her
REGULAR, PERMANENT POSITIONS BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health Insurance
- Competitive Retirement Plan
- Eleven (11) Paid Holidays per year
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Annual Leave Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Optional benefits include:
- Deferred Compensation Plan (County-sponsored tax shelter savings plan).
- Flexible Spending Plans - tax shelter (set aside pre-tax $ to pay for eligible medical, dependent care, and qualified parking and mass transit expenses).
- NobleCredit Union - all County employees can take advantage of low interest rates, no annual fees for checking accounts, direct deposit, online banking and many other services.
Extra-help positions are temporary, not entitled to benefits and serve at the will of the department head.
CLICK HERE TO REVIEW ADDITIONAL BENEFITS INFORMATION