COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES PROBATION DEPARTMENT
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
LATERAL TRANSFER (NON-COUNTY EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY)
The Probation Residential Treatment Services Bureau(RTSB), is seekinga well-qualified individual to fill the position ofSecretary III.
Permanent County of Los Angeles employees who have passed their initial probationary period and are currently holding the payroll title ofSecretary IIIare invited to submit their resume, copies of their last two (2) performance evaluations, and time history report (prime variances only) for the last two (2) years to:
Human Resources Division
Examinations and Recruitment Unit
9150 East Imperial Highway
Downey, CA 90242
Phone: (562) 382-2238
Please email documents to:[email protected] with the subject line "Secretary III-RTSB."
All submitted documents will be evaluated and only the most qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview. Successful candidates must complete a background check which includes a review of their official personnel folder and reference checks. Essential Job Functions
- Replies to verbal and written communications.
- Screens in-person inquiries and telephone calls;furnishes requested information, refers inquiries and calls to others better qualified to assist, and personally takes care ofinquiries and calls which do not require the attention of the supervisor.
- Makes appointments and arranges conferences and meetings for supervisor.
- Acts as intermediary between supervisor and staff; transmitsverbal and written messages, orders, and requests.
- Acts as liaisonbetween the supervisor's office and other departments, agencies, and jurisdictions.
- Prepares inter-office notices, bulletins, and memoranda,including interpretations of departmental policy, and the laws and regulations governing the activities of the office.
- Gathers data for general information purposes or special reports, contacting other departments, employees, agencies, and individuals for additional material as necessary, and may prepare reports for supervisor's approval upon request.
- Checks material being submitted for supervisor's attention to ascertain that all relevant data, files, signatures, etc., are included.
- Replies to personal and other correspondence, composing letters with or without dictation.
- Maintains office files and records, including those of confidential nature.
- May lead a small clerical unit.
Permanent County of Los Angelesemployees that have passed their initial probationary period andcurrently hold the payroll title ofSecretary III.
THIS IS NOT A BULLETIN FOR A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION.Additional Information
This vacancy is located at:
427 S. Encinal Canyon Rd.
Malibu, CA 90265
For detailed information, please click here