This position provides secretarial support to the Assistant Deputy Warden(s) office within the Bellamy Creek Correctional Facility. This position will complete standard secretarial duties, including sorting and distributing mail, composing routine correspondence, scheduling and arranging meetings and appointments. These duties will require the handing of confidential information. This individual also completes special projects and other duties as assigned.Required Education and Experience
Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
Two years of office experience involving administrative support practices, including one year equivalent to 6-level administrative support experience.?
Three years of office experience involving administrative support practices, including one year equivalent to experienced-level administrative support work or equivalent to a Secretary 7 or Legal Secretary 7.
The Department of Corrections may screen out job applicants who have been convicted of a felony in accordance with Public Act 191 of 2017. Applicants who have been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony are ineligible for employment with the Department of Corrections until satisfactory completion of any sentence imposed, including parole or probation.
View the job specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Secretary_13143_7.pdf
Full time employees receive between 15 and 35 vacation leave days per year. Employees also receive 13 sick days per year, and employees receive 8 hours of leave to participate in certain school functions or community activities. Employees may also qualify for up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for certain family or medical situations.
State employees receive 12 scheduled holidays each year, which include New Years Eve Day and New Years Day, Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Day, Memorial Day, and Veterans Day just to name a few.
Alternative Work Schedules
Flexible work schedules and telecommuting options are available in many jobs.
Insurance and Other Benefits
Insurances include health, vision, dental and life. Employees also have the option to purchase additional life, accidental death, long term disability, long term care insurance, and legal services. Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and child care are also available.
Employees may invest income in a tax-deferred retirement investment program. The state offers two optional deferred compensation plans, the 457 and 401(k). Employees decide the amount you want deducted from your paycheck.
Employees receive a minimum 4% state contribution toward their retirement fund. If an employee elects to contribute more, the state will match that percentage (up to 3%). ORS administers two different retirement plans for State of Michigan employees: a Defined Benefit (DB) plan and a Defined Contribution (DC) plan. Use thefollowing link for detailed information:
Two plans for State Employees
- None to two years of office experience involving administrative support practices.
- Two years of office experience involving administrative support practices.
- Three years of office experience involving administrative support practices.
- At least four years of office experience involving administrative support practices.
- Central Office
- FOA Metropolitan Territory
- FOA Outstate Territory
- Kinross Administrative Offices
- Ionia Administrative Offices
- Jackson Administrative Offices
- Alger Correctional Facility
- Baraga Correctional Facility
- Bellamy Creek Correctional Facility
- Carson City Correctional Facility
- Central Michigan Correctional Facility
- Charles E. Egeler Reception and Guidance Center
- Chippewa Correctional Facility
- Cooper Street Correctional Facility
- Detroit Detention Center
- Detroit Reentry Center
- Earnest C. Brooks Correctional Facility
- G. Robert Cotton Correctional Facility
- Gus Harrison Correctional Facility
- Ionia Correctional Facility
- Kinross Correctional Facility
- Lakeland Correctional Facility
- Macomb Correctional Facility
- Marquette Branch Prison
- Michigan Reformatory
- Muskegon Correctional Facility
- Newberry Correctional Facility
- Oaks Correctional Facility
- Parnall Correctional Facility
- Richard A. Handlon Correctional Facility
- Saginaw Correctional Facility
- Special Alternative Incarceration Facility
- St. Louis Correctional Facility
- Thumb Correctional Facility
- Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility
- Woodland Correctional Facility
- Neither I nor any member of my immediate family (grandparent, parent, parent-in-law, stepparent, sibling, spouse, child or stepchild), have personal or financial interests in a business or entity which is contracted with the State of Michigan. Indicate N/A in the box below if this applies.
- I, or a member of my immediate family (grandparent, parent, parent-in-law, stepparent, sibling, spouse, child or stepchild), have personal or financial interests in a business or entity which is contracted with the State of Michigan as summarized below.
* Required Question