INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- Review purchase requisitions, verify budget constraints, initiate formal bid processes, and communicate bid solicitations.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager in preparing and conducting formal bids.
- Develop, establish and monitor adherence to contract administration activities related to established purchasing processes.
- Prepare Requests for Quotations and associated processes as required.
- Coordinate and schedule formal bid processes; facilitate the evaluation process of complex technical bids considering cost, compliance to specifications, terms, and delivery.
- Complete and maintain related documentation of contracts, purchase orders and associated correspondence.
- Evaluate, monitor, track, and report compliance to oversight agencies; adhere to local, state and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Provide primary purchasing/contract support for Transit and Airport.
- Maintain working knowledge of the financial system as it relates to the procurement process.
- Assume the responsibilities of Deputy Finance Officer as they pertain to the procurement process in the absence of the Purchasing Manager.
- Provide input into division objectives and work plans/programs as appropriate.
- Compile data; prepare and submit accurate and timely reports as assigned; maintain records.
- Respond to customer (internal and/or external) concerns and complaints in a professional and timely manner; refer concerns/complaints to the Purchasing Manager as appropriate.
- Interact with City departments, external agencies and vendors as necessary.
For a complete job description, click here. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Two years of experience in purchasing or a related field.
Equivalent to an Associate's degree from an accredited two-year community/technical college with a degree/certification in business, business management, statistics or a related field.
LICENSING & CERTIFICATIONS:
Certified Local Government Purchasing Officer.
From the time of closing, the hiring process is anticipated to lastapproximately 4 weeks. The process will consist of a panel interview with theselected candidate being subject to a pre-employment drug screen, background check and driving history check.
Health and Dental Insurance:
The City of Fayetteville Employee Healthcare Benefit Plan provides comprehensive and affordable health and dental coverage while maintaining reasonable costs to employees. Coverage is available for all regular status employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week. Employees may also choose to cover eligible dependents. The premium is deducted on a pre-tax basis, with the City paying a portion of the premium. Qualifying employees are eligible for benefits on the 1st day of the month following 30 days of service.
Employer Paid Leave
Paid Vacation: Employees earn vacation leave beginning the first day of employment, however, they are not eligible to take leave for 6 months. Leave accruals are based upon the number of years of service and the number of hours an employee is scheduled to work.
Paid Holidays: The City of Fayetteville observes 11 paid holidays per calendar year. The approved holidays are New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, 2 days at Thanksgiving and 2 days at Christmas.
Sick / Funeral Leave: Regular employees earn sick leave in proportion to the number of hours they are scheduled to work per week. Sick leave accruals begin the first day of employment. Sick leave can also be taken for deaths in your extended family. Sick leave hours accumulate without limits and may be used toward credible service upon retirement from the NC Local Government Retirement System.
The City assists our employees in securing their financial future during retirement by participating in the Local Governmental Employees' Retirement System, administered by the State of North Carolina. Regular status employees, scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week, become members in the retirement system upon employment. As a member of this system, employees are required to contribute 6 percent of their gross salary on a tax-deferred basis.
Deferred Compensation Plans:
To further assist employees in saving for retirement, the City offers two supplemental retirement savings programs. These programs offer employees an opportunity to save a portion of their salary on a tax-deferred basis to supplement their retirement benefit. The programs offered are 401(k) Supplemental Retirement Income Plan and the ICMA 457 Plan.
Cafeteria Plan / Supplemental Benefits:
Realizing that each employee may have different insurance needs, the City offers its employees the opportunity to supplement City-provided benefits by selecting from the benefits listed below. These benefits are offered at employee's expense through payroll deduction:
? Term Life Insurance (Pre-tax basis first $50,000 for employees)
? Dependent Term Life Insurance
? Critical Illness Insurance
? Universal Life Insurance
? Vision Insurance (Pre-tax basis)
? Disability Insurance
? Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (Pre-tax basis)
The first year an employee contributes to the retirement system, the city provides a death benefit of $3,000. After one year as a contributing member of the Retirement System, a death benefit is provided that is equal to the highest 12 months' salary in a row during the 24 months before death, no less than $25,000 and no more than $50,000. There is no cost to the employee for these benefits.
Pay Periods/Direct Deposit:
City employees are paid bi-weekly, every other Friday. As an added convenience and safety measure, the City requires all new employees to sign up for direct deposit of their payroll checks.
Employee Assistance Program:
The EAP is available at no cost to all employees and their household members. The EAP provides confidential guidance on legal, financial and personal issues that could affect your health, relationships and job performance.
- I have read and complied with the above statement.
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
- None of the Above
- Business Management
- Other Related Field
- 6+ years
- 4 - 5 years
- 2 - 3 years
- One year or less
- Certified Local Government Purchasing Officer
- Certified Public Purchasing Officer
- 6+ years
- 4 - 5 years
- 2 - 3 years
- One year or less
- I have read and understand the above statement
* Required Question