*This posting is scheduled to close on Monday, December 17, 2018, at 12:00 noon, however is subject to close at any time without prior notice. Thank you.*
The Public Safety Records Supervisor plans, organizes, coordinates, and supervises the Records Unit and/or the Record Digital Media Unit, while performing various clerical functions to support the operations of the Police Records Section and Aurora Police Department
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of:Integrity,Respect,Professionalism, andCustomer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
The Aurora Police Department
The Vision of the Aurora Police Department is to be the safest largest city in America. In 2014 we moved one step closer to our vision by being named the Safest Largest City in Colorado and the16thoverall safest city in the nation. Within the Aurora Police Department there are four separate divisions: Operations; Metro; Compliance and Professional Standards; and Business Services and employees over 800 Civil Service and Career Service employees whose mission is to Make Aurora Safer Every Day.
The Police Records Division is a 24/7 operation with Public SafetyRecords staff working one of the following shifts: Day, Swing, and Graveyard. There is a bidding process once a year to determine the work schedule for the following year.
To be employed by the Aurora Police Department you will need to successfully pass a background test, polygraph test, and fingerprint screening, along with other conditions of employment; drug test and verification of employment. Because of this, there is a longer recruitment process, we thank you in advance.
Despite changes in the Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test for marijuana is grounds for disqualification or termination once hired. PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, prioritizes, assigns and reviews work unit activities
- Creates schedules to maintain operations 24/7
- Maintains records and prepares reports on unit operations and activities
- Responds to a variety of inquiries requiring the interpretation of policy, records related laws, and procedures
- May perform administrative functions such as monitoring budget and expenditures, assisting in budget preparation, directing the preparation of personnel actions and records, and purchasing and requisition of supplies and equipment
- Assists in developing operational priorities, goals, and objectives
- Makes recommendations regarding selection, hiring and disciplinary action
- Trains assigned employees
- Supervises assigned employees
- Conducts regular meetings with staff and midyear and annual evaluations
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible clerical experience
- Including at least one year of lead/supervisory experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid Drivers license with good driving record
- NCIC/CCIC preferred
Knowledge:Considerable knowledge of office methods and procedures; knowledge of policies, procedures and regulations of assigned department and records related state laws; office equipment; and personal computers and software applications related to assigned function.
Abilities:Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; direct and effectively train and supervise other employees; and plan prioritize and schedule work unit operations.
Skills:Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills. Skill in the use of office equipment, personal computers and software applications related to assigned function.
Physical Demands:Light to moderate physical work requiring the ability to lift 40 pounds with or without assistance; some lifting and carrying; some walking and standing; vision for reading and interpreting reports and other written information; hand/eye coordination for operation of computer keyboard and standard office equipment; speech communications and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment:Works in a clean, comfortable environment, and work rotating shifts including weekends and holidays.
Equipment Used:Computer and standard office equipment. This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools etc) in the course of their employment
For Veterans Points please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer, We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability, military status, or gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents' Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Thanksgiving Holiday (day after Thanksgiving)
- Christmas Day
* Required Question