In an effort to attract and retain experienced candidates for nursing positions, theDepartment of Public Health has established aNurse Experience Hiring Plan.
0 ? 24 months Minimum salary
25 ? 60 months 5% above the minimum salary
Greater than 60 months 10% above the minimum salary
- Plan and manage the school health program in the schools assigned including the establishment and the evaluation component of school health services policies and procedures
- Provide assessment, planning and evaluation of the health services component of the school health program
- Provide or arrange for routine health assessments
- Assure mandated health related activities are completed
- Serve as coordinator of the health services program and provide nursing care
- Provide health education to students, staff and parents
- Manage the student health record
- Serve as liaison between student, parent, school personnel, physicians, hospitals and the Exceptional Children's Program as it relates to health issues and student health care plans
Master's in Public Health and graduation from a school of professional nursing and one year of professional nursing experience
graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience including one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Must possess a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina by the NC Board of Nursing.
Preferred Experience:At least one year of school health nursing experience and at least one year of experience in a hospital type setting.
Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited universities.
College transcripts may be submitted on-line via the attachment feature or mailed toCumberland County Department of Public Health Human Resources, 1235 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville, NC 28301.If selected for the position,a formal transcript will be required within 30 days of hire.
Individuals employed in a local Health Department without a B.S. Degree which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation or a Master's in Public Health, will be required to complete the "Introduction to Principles and Practices of Public Health Nursing" course within one year of employment as a condition of continued employment in accordance with Health Services Commission Rule. Experience in a field of nursing that is closely related to the anticipated work assignment can be substituted for Public Health experience for hiring purposes; however, the employee will also be required to complete the "Introduction to Principles and Practices of Public Health Nursing" course or objectively demonstrate an adequate understanding of Public Health practice within 1 year of employment.
Considerable knowledge of, and skill in, the application of nursing theory, practice, principles, and techniques employed in the field of public health and related programs; considerable knowledge of and ability to apply the principles and practices of public health; knowledge of available resources and organizations and the ability to coordinate these as needed; general knowledge of current social and economic problems relating to public health, including health disparities; ability to plan, coordinate, and oversee the work of others; ability to deal tactfully with others and to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions; ability to work in partnership with patients and with other service providers to elicit needed information and to maintain effective working relationships; ability to record accurately services rendered and to interpret and explain records, reports, and medical instructions; adequate computer skills to allow communication, patient record documentation, and accessing of information.
Must have or obtain and maintaina valid North Carolina driver's license with an acceptable driving record. Background checkand negative drug test arerequired.
Inquiries about this job posting should be directed [email protected]
Cumberland County offers a generous benefit plan including a Government Retirement Plan, 12 paid holidays per year and an Employee Wellness Center Clinic.To see more information about the benefits offered to employeesClick here
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- No Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- No RN work experience
- Less than 1 year of RN work experience
- 1 year but fewer than 2 years of RN work experience
- 2 years but fewer than 3 years of RN work experience
- 3 years but fewer than 4 years of RN work experience
- 4 years but fewer than 5 years of RN work experience
- More than 5 years of RN work experience
* Required Question