Public Health Licensed Practical Nurse 1, 2 or 3
Carroll County Health Department
District 4 Public Health
1004 Newnan Rd
Carrollton, GA 30116
*Salary offer will be based on Education, Experience & Health Department Budget
Under direct (general, broad) supervision, provides assistance to public health nurses and county programs. Provides care which includes providing medical treatments, administering medication and giving injections. Assigned to specific clinical duties within the scope of an LPN practice in public health.Job Responsibilities
- Under general supervision, provides direct patient care, which includes screenings, administering of medications and vaccines; monitors and explains side effects, collects samples, administers laboratory tests, and performs minor procedures associated with tests.
- Assists in completing monthly/quarterly reports and immunization audits.
- Prepares to respond to public health emergencies and responds as directed.
- Uses computer technology to collect, store, and retrieve data.
- Participates in program planning.
- Communicates in writing, orally, and through electronic means, with proper terminology and cultural proficiency
- Incorporates strategies for interacting with persons form diverse backgrounds (e.g. cultural, socioeconomic, educational, racial, gender, age, ethnic, sexual orientation, professional, religious affiliation, mental and physical capabilities.
- Informs the public about Public Health programs and resources.
- Uses individual, team and organizational learning opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Provides quality customer service to all customers
- Makes appointments; follows up with missed appointments by calling client to reschedule.
- Follow communication "scripts" when scheduling the appropriate appointment.
- Identify customers' needs, clarify information, provide solutions, refer programs/resources.
- Handle all client inquiries.
- Enters new client information into the system.
- Updates existing client information.
- Adheres to the organization's policies and procedures.
Licensed Practical Nurse Level 1
Vocational/Technical degree in licensed practical nursing from an accredited college AND current Georgia license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse AND CPR certification AND completion of all necessary orientation and training for Public Health LPN. No experience required.Target hire-in salary $28,000*
Licensed Practical Nurse Level 2
Vocational/Technical degree in licensed practical nursing from an accredited college AND Two years of LPN public health experience AND current Georgia license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse AND CPR certification.Target hire-in salary $30,800*
Licensed Practical Nurse Level 3
Vocational/Technical degree in licensed practical nursing from an accredited college AND Four years of LPN public health experience AND current Georgia license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse AND CPR certification.Target hire-in salary $33,880*
- Public Health Experience.
- Immunizations and GRITS Experience.
- Bilingual Spanish/English Speaking Language.
Benefits for Full Time Eligible Employees
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Generous Leave Package
- Employees Retirement System
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Specified Illness
- Deferred Compensation (401K & 457 Plans)
- Atlanta Postal Credit Union
For more information on the State of Georgia Benefits visit -http://team.georgia.gov/
- A supportive and rewarding work environment
- Physical Activity Breaks
- Worksite Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
To learn more about District 4 Public Health visit -https://www.district4health.org/
*Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or email. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification. This position is subject to close at any time, once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Applicants chosen for employment will be subject to:
Criminal Background Check/Fingerprinting & Reference Checks
The State will not unlawfully consider an applicant's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, genetic information, political affiliation, protected uniformed service, or other legally protected category when making selections.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation & sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
No benefits are offered for part time employees.
- Associates Degree
- Some College/Tech School
- High School Diploma
- None of the above
- 1-3 Years
- 3-5 Years
- 5 Years or more
- No experience
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years or more
- Less than 1 year
- 1 - 2 years
- 2 or more years
* Required Question