BENEFITS AND RETIREMENT
1) Must be able to lift small children and other objects up to 50 pounds.
2) Must pass a pre-employment physical including a tuberculosis test and required immunizations (SB792).
3) Must obtain a valid San Bernardino County Food Handler's card and qualifying First Aid/CPR cards within two (2) weeks of hire and maintain throughout employment.
4) Travel throughout the County may be required.A valid California Class C driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance may be required at the time of hire for the person providing the transportation.
5)Employees may be assigned to work at any Head Start service area.Employee preference of geographic location will be taken into consideration, whenever possible, depending upon staffing needs.
Job offers are contingent upon passing a background investigation which includes a fingerprint check and search of the Child Abuse Index before appointment. If an individual has been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, the individual cannot work or be present in any community care facility unless they request and subsequently obtain a criminal record exemption from the Community Care Licensing Division, Caregiver Background Check Bureau (CBCB). With the exception of minor traffic violations, all convictions, including misdemeanors, felonies and convictions occurring a long time ago, require an exemption. CBCB also examines arrest records to determine if there is a possible danger to clients. Crimes against children and convictions of a violent nature, such as sex offenses, murder, manslaughter, arson and robbery are crimes for which an exemption cannot be issued. (Health & Safety Code section 1596.871)Minimum Requirements
Permit: Must possess and maintain a valid CA Child Development Site Supervisor Permit (or higher-level permit) issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). For information on permit requirements, visit www.ctc.ca.gov.
Computer Experience:Must be computer literate and possess at least six(6) months of experience utilizing Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel functions on a regular basis. (This experience must be clearly described on the Application/Supplemental Questionnaire.)
Note:Qualifying degrees or coursework must be completed at a college or university accredited by any accrediting association recognized by the United States Department of Education. Degrees or coursework completed outside the U.S. must be accompanied with an evaluation report from a reputable credential evaluation service showing equivalency to degrees or coursework completed at a college or university accredited by any accrediting association recognized by the United States Department of Education.
Required Documentation: A copy of a valid CA Child Development Site Supervisor Permit (or higher-level permit), copy of degree,and legible transcripts (unofficial are acceptable) must be attached to your application or submitted by the filing deadline to: County of San Bernardino Human Resources ? Employment Division, Attn:PSD Teacher III-Contract, 157 W. Fifth Street, San Bernardino, CA 92415-0440, via fax to (909) 383-2394, or email to [email protected]. Subject: PSD Teacher III-Contract.Failure to provide the requested documents by thefiling deadline will result in disqualification of the application.
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, interpersonal and time management skills, will be proficient with computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel, and will demonstrate proven ability to:
- Analyze problems and provide solution-oriented strategies.
- Lend support and guidance when help is needed.
- Work well in cooperation with others for the benefit of the organization.
- Make good, sound decisions, accepting responsibility and accountability for job performance and decisions.
- Write in a clear, accurate and understandable manner, ensuring information is appropriate,relevant, and correct.
- Prioritize work, ensuring all assignments are completed in a timely manner.
- Understand Head Start Performance Standards, ECERS, ITERS, CLASS, and developmental screenings/assessments.
Please complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire by 5:00 pm, Friday, September 27, 2019.
To ensure timely andsuccessfulsubmission of your onlineapplication, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application as soon as possible.Applicants will be automaticallylogged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfullysubmitted, you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you requiretechnical assistance, please clickHEREto review theGovernmentJobsonline application guide, or contact their Toll-FreeApplicant Support line at (855) 524-5627.Please notethat Human Resources is notresponsiblefor any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process.
For more detailed information, contact the County's Employee Benefits and Services Division at (909) 387-5787 or visit the Benefits websiteat www.sbcounty.gov/hr/Benefits_Home.aspx.
- I have read and understand the above statements.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- None of the Above
NOTE: This experience must be clearly described in the work experience section of your application.
- CPR card
- First Aid card
- San Bernardino County Food Handler's card
- None of the above
- Current Head Start parent or guardian
- Former Head Start parent or guardian
- Former Head Start child
- None of the above
- Valley (Fontana, Rialto, San Bernardino)
- West Valley (Ontario, Upland, Chino, Rancho Cucamonga)
- East Valley (Redlands, Yucaipa, Highland)
- High Desert (Adelanto, Apple Valley, Barstow, Hesperia, Newberry Springs, Phelan, Victorville)
- Low Desert (Yucca Valley, Joshua Tree, Twentynine Palms)
- Mountains (Crestline)
- My permit, transcripts, and degree are attached to my application.
- My permit, transcripts, and degree will be scanned and emailed to [email protected] ATTN: Teacher III-Contract.
- My permit, transcripts, and degree will be faxed to 909-383-2394, Attn: Teacher III
- I will deliver or mail my permit, transcripts, and degree to: SB County Human Resources, 157 W. Fifth Street, San Bernardino, CA 92415-0440, Attn: PSD Teacher III.
Each applicant needs their own email address. We strongly encourage you, as an applicant, to ensure that the email address you have provided with your application is current, secure and readily accessible to you. Adjust Spam and/or other filters so that our emails are accepted. Please carefully read any notices that we send you and follow any instructions provided in a timely manner. We will not be responsible in any way if you do not receive our emails (i.e., for the non-delivery of our emails or if you fail to check your e-mail on a timely basis).
- I acknowledge that I have read, understood, and agree to the above statement.
We have become aware of an increase in Gmail's spam filter sensitivity. Due to this change, it is possible that emails coming from San Bernardino County Human Resources may be marked as spam and will not make it into your Gmail inbox.
For your convenience, the attached PDF document contains a step-by-step guide to create and apply filters within Gmail. Click this link to download the PDF file. Once downloaded, follow the instructions so that you will receive future emails from San Bernardino County Human Resources.
Note: If you apply the filters and still do not receive emails from San Bernardino County Human Resources you can check your www.governmentjobs.com (Neogov) account inbox. All notifications will appear there.
- I acknowledge that I have read and understand the above statement.
Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email confirmation will be sent to the email address listed on your application. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application, we have not received your application.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed my application and understand that I will not be able to update or revise any part of it once submitted.
* Required Question