$5,175.39 - $5,441.45 - $5,720.23 - $6,012.89 - $6,321.75 - $6,645.65
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
TENTATIVE EXAMINATION DATE: Week of January 20, 2020 (Candidates must appear in person for the examination).
These lists may be used to fill future vacancies.
Prior to appointment, eligible candidates will be required to submit to and successfully pass a background investigation, which will include fingerprinting.
- Plans, organizes, administers, and coordinates the implementation of Public Works, Municipal Utilities, or other City projects.
- Plans, assigns, and reviews the work of technical and professional team members; participates in the selection of staff for participation on project teams.
- Facilitates project team meetings.
- Prepares a variety of periodic progress and special reports related to projects and activities.
- Confers and negotiates with developers and property owners relative to the acquisition and disposition of property and improvements; may draft contract language and performance specifications.
- Represents the City in meetings with representatives of governmental agencies, professional, business, and community organizations and the public.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets for Capital Improvement Projects.
- Reviews cost estimates, interprets plans and specifications for contractors, and determines contractual compliance.
- Interprets and administers applicable ordinances relating to project requirements.
- Responds personally or in writing to questions or complaints related to project activities or policy.
- Conducts contract bid openings for Public Works projects, including review and approval of bid documentation.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Developing project administration, monitoring, and evaluation techniques;
- Principles, practices, and techniques of project administration, including monitoring and evaluation;
- Administrative principles and practices, including goals and objectives development, work planning, and employee supervision;
- Business and engineering computer use applications;
- Basic budgetary principles and practices;
- Basic supervisory principles and practices;
- Team leadership and facilitation principles and techniques;
- Principles and practices of contract administration and project management and evaluation;
- Applicable codes, regulations, and standards relating to City contract administration;
- Safety practices pertaining to the work; and
- Construction materials, methods, and equipment.
- Planning, organizing, assigning, reviewing, and directing the work of project team members;
- Organizing work, setting priorities, establishing goals and objectives, and exercising sound independent judgment within established guidelines;
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work;
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence, and other written materials;
- Effectively representing the City in meetings with public agencies and others outside the City;
- Interpreting and applying complex rules, regulations, laws, and ordinances; and
- Making persuasive oral presentations of ideas and recommendations.
Applicants who qualify in terms of relevant work experience and education, that best fit the needs of the City, will be invited to participate in the examination process. The examination process may include an written exam, practical exam, oral exam, or combination of both weighted 100%. However, the City reserves the right to utilize alternative testing methods if deemed necessary. Candidates must receive a minimum passing score of 70%, as determined by the relative performance of all candidates in all portions of the examination. In the event of identical ratings, candidates' names will be arranged in order of application date/time, and, if the same, then arranged alphabetically.
All applications and supplemental questions must be completed fully and submitted on an official City of Stockton application form. (Do not state "Refer to Resume" on your application or supplemental questionnaire.) Incomplete and/or falsified applications and supplementals will be rejected and cannot be revised after submittal on or before the final filing date. Postmarks, facsimiles, and photocopies of the City's employment application will not be accepted. Resumes are welcomed but should be submitted as additional information only.
The information in this announcement concerning the terms and conditions of employment does not constitute either an express or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.
- After on-line submittal, immediate notification will appear on your screen indicating your application has been received. Please print this notice as proof of filing.
- Notices and correspondence will be sent via email only. No paper notices will be mailed to applicants. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure a correct email address is provided and that correspondence is received.
- NeoGov.com: You will receive correspondence via the e-mail address you placed on your application. Some e-mail accounts have been known to place these e-mails in the spam/junk file. Please check your e-mail folders or accept e-mails ending with neogov.com.
NOTE:This position is subject toFair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) annual filing requirements. Please see the FPPC website, www.fppc.ca.gov, for more information.
STOCKTON CITY EMPLOYEE ASSOCIATION (SCEA) - PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL
NOTE: Employee Benefits are subject to change through the collective bargaining process and are not guaranteed. For a detailed explanation of benefits currently in effect, click here to view a link to the "Stockton City Employees' Association (SCEA)"contract.
- I certify that the information provided is accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification may cancel any terms, conditions, or privileges of employment.
Please indicate below how you qualify for the position of Project Manager I:
This must be detailed on the education and work history sections of the application or your application may be rejected. I possess a(n):
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in engineering, business or public administration, or a closely related field and one (1) year of project leadership experience in government or engineering-related projects.
- Associate's degree or completion of sixty (60) semester units or equivalent quarter hours from an accredited college or university with major course work in pre-engineering, business or public administration, or closely related field and three (3) years of project leadership experience in government or engineering-related projects.
To verify that you meet the educational requirement, you must submit a copy of your degree or unofficial transcripts by the final deadline by one of the following methods:
1) Scan/attach to the online application;
2) Email to [email protected] (Include: Project Manager I Recruitment" in the subject line of your email.) ;
3) Mail/hand delivery to 400 E. Main Street, 3rd Floor-HR, Stockton, CA 95202 Attn: Sunny Pannu, Human Resources.
- I understand I must submit the required proof of education before the final filing deadline. I further understand that failure to provide this documentation will result in the rejection of my application.
The minimum qualifications for this position include education from an accredited college or university. If offered this position, you will be required to submit an "official transcript" from an accredited college or university validating your level of college education.
- I understand the above and will submit an "official transcript" upon request.
Accredited colleges or universities are those that have been examined by a third-party accrediting agency to ensure acceptable levels of quality. Accreditation ensures that a degree obtained outside of the United States is equivalent to a degree obtained within the United States.
The City of Stockton requires degrees from educational institutions that have been accredited by a national or regional accrediting agency in the United States that is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and/or U.S. Department of Education as a "reliable authority as to the quality of postsecondary education."
If you have received your postsecondary education from an institution that may not be accredited in the United States, it is your responsibility to provide proof of U.S. accreditation by the closing date and time of this recruitment.
You may contact the City of Stockton Human Resources office for an illustrative list of organizations that evaluate foreign colleges.
- I understand this requirement and will provide the necessary documentation if applicable.
Do you possess or can you obtain after appointment, a valid California driver's license?
2. Type of information included;
3. How often you were required to submit the items;
If none, please state "N/A" in the box below.
2.Types of projects tracked;
3.Length of time you have used the application(s);
4.Level of proficiency:
If none, please state 'N/A' in the box below.
- Public Works Department
- Economic Development Department
* Required Question