The VA Desert Pacific Health Care Network (VISN 22) is currently recruiting for Program Specialist (Staff Assistant) to be assigned to the Network Directors office located in Long Beach California.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent provides program/administrative support to the VISN Executive Leadership and other Network Officers. The incumbent maintains exclusive control over the VISN Executive Leadership and other Network Officers calendar with complete authority over the VISN Executive Leadership and other Network Officers appointments/commitments of time. This includes the coordination and scheduling of monthly briefs and meeting with staff and facilities executive leadership. The incumbent attends (with the VISN Director), records, and transcribes minutes of the meetings as needed and follows-up on action items assigned to members.
- Coordinating and Scheduling monthly briefs and meetings with staff and facilities executive leadership.
- Attending and transcribing minutes of meetings and following up on action items assigned to members.
- Arranging participation in VISN and national level conferences.
- Working closely with members of VISN 22 boards, committees, and councils in coordinating meeting dates and travel schedules.
- Maintaining an active role in studying requirements regarding staff distribution, redesign or structure of the organization within the Network Office.
- Ensuring an adequate stock of office supplies are maintained at all times.
- Managing all incoming executive correspondence.
- Responding to inquiries and administrative problems brought to the VISN executive leadership team, VA Central Office, State and Local governments, other hospitals and organizations and other Federal agencies.
- Performing clerical and technical work that results in the bi-weekly or monthly determination of pay for civilian employees.
- Performing clerical and technical work for employee travel.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Specialist (Staff Assistant)/PD10000-A
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.