The Northeast Program Evaluation Center (NEPEC), although located at the VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT, is organizationally a part of the VA Central Office (VACO) Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention.
Learn more about this agency
NEPEC has the responsibility within OMHSP for performing ongoing national monitoring and evaluation of mental health services in VA, as well as for designing, implementing, and evaluating innovative mental health programs being disseminated throughout VA. The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in the ongoing development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and dissemination plans for mental health care nationally;
- Determine the physical storage requirements based on the volume of data, data relationships, size of records, anticipated growth, access methods, and data compression techniques;
- Develops program layouts, interrelationships, sequences, and internal logic;
- Codes, tests, debugs and documents applications as they are developed;
- Codes, tests, debugs and documents data extraction protocols as they are developed;
- Responsible for understanding the data reported sufficiently to identify where the possible operational concerns in a specific VA facility, and to answer most questions about methodology and the interpretation of numbers in the reports; and
- Keep the Director and Associate Director at NEPEC and relevant staff in VACO informed about urgent or serious issues raised by data.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Analyst/689-00526-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position for trainings and conferences.