JOB CATEGORY: PLANT OPERATIONS
SALARY RANGE: Median pay $49,710.00 annually/ $23.90 per hour
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Plant Operations Specialist perform a variety of clerical duties in mail processing and retail/customer services to support day to day operations.
- Makes one or more sortations of outgoing and incoming mail using the appropriate sort program or manual distribution scheme.
- On a rotation basis, performs all of the following duties: loads mail onto automated equipment, culling out non-processable items; enters sort plan and starts equipment; monitors flow of mail to ensure continuous feed; sweeps separated mail from bins/stackers, and stops equipment when distribution run or operation is completed. Runs machine reports, clear jams and contacts maintenance for assistance when required.
- Prepares work area, ensuring all necessary support equipment and materials, including labels, trays, and other containers, are in place.
- Removes sorted mail from bins or separations and places into appropriate trays or containers for further processing or dispatch based on knowledge of operating plans and dispatch schedules, or at the instruction of supervisors or expediters; may riffle or verify mail to ensure sortation accuracy as needed.
- Also, may perform any of the following duties: provide service at public window for non-financial transactions; maintain records of mail; examine balances in advance deposit accounts; and record and bill mail requiring special assistance.
- Follows established safe work methods, procedures, and safety precautions while performing all duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS: This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Duties are physically demanding requiring moderate to heavy lifting, carrying, prolonged standing, walking and reaching. PSEs may be necessary to handle heavy sacks of mail/parcels, sort & distribute incoming/outgoing mail and work at a service window selling postal products & services to customers. Applicants must be able to perform the duties of the position with or without accommodation.
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies rapidly, and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.