- Supervises the coordination of all activities between theUS postalfacility serving the institution and the mailroom.
- Supervises thereceiving, sorting and distribution of us mail and packages as well asinter-departmental mail.
- Inspects incoming and outgoing mail forcontraband.
- Serves as notary as required.
- Supervises the payment ofall money instruments to inmates as well asEH Cooper trust fundactivities.
- Coordinates registered and certified mail.
- Maintains athorough knowledge of all current postalregulations and SCDC policies.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
Must successfully complete SCDC Basic Training.
The state of South Carolina offers eligible employees generous benefits, including health and dental insurance; retirement and savings plan options; and paid vacation and sick leave. Plus, work-life balance programs such as telecommuting and flexible work schedules are available to employees of some state agencies.
Eligible employees may enroll in health insurance, which includes prescription coverage and wellness benefits. Other available insurance benefits include dental, vision, term life insurance, long term disability and flexible spending accounts for health and child care expenses.
State employees are also offered retirement plan options, including defined benefit and defined contribution plans. Additionally, eligible employees may elect to participate in the South Carolina Deferred Compensation Program, which is a voluntary, supplemental retirement savings plan offering 401(k) and 457 plan options.
State employees may also be eligible for other benefits, including tuition assistance; holiday, annual and sick leave; and discounts on purchases, travel and more.
Note: The benefits above are available to most state employees, with the exception of those in temporary positions. Employees in temporary grant and time-limited positions may be eligible for all, some or none of these benefits as benefits are associated with each position type. For these positions, contact the hiring agency to determine what benefits may be available.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some College
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Masters Degree
- None of the Above
- Less than a year
- 1 Year, less than 2
- 2 Years, less than 3
- 3 Years, less than 4
- 4 years, less than 5
- 5 years, less than 6
- 6 years, less than 7
- 7 years, less than 8
- 8 years, less than 9
- 9 years, less than 10
- 10 years and over
* Required Question