About the Position: This a permanent position as a Police Officer with the Directorate of Emergency Services at Ft.Jackson, SC.
Learn more about this agency
- Responds to and investigates emergency calls, complaints and other calls for service.
- Appears in court to testify as required in Military Court Martial or Federal and State Court proceedings.
- Performs required lifesaving first aid in the event of an emergency as the first responder to an incident until medical emergency personnel arrive.
- Conducts traffic law enforcement patrol using specialized equipment such as radar, Lidar and breathalyzer.
- Operates motor vehicle which may involve high speed pursuit of suspects.
- Sets up road blocks, traffic-control points, and directs traffic.
- Establishes Incident Command at the onset of terrorist attack or other significant incident affecting public safety and the installation mission.
- Operates the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) terminal in accordance with federal and state laws to transcribe data.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.