The incumbent will serve as a Physician (Primary Care) located at the Viera Outpatient Clinic in Viera, FL assigned to the Ambulatory Care Service. The provision of patient care beyond the local institutional settings, such as other VA facilities and community vendors, by utilizing the Care Management approach to enhance care coordination.
Learn more about this agency
The Viera Outpatient Clinicis seeking full-time dedicated Physicians to perform outpatient duties and management of scheduled and unscheduled patients; duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the full spectrum of primary care issues, including consultation of patients with internal medicine complaints, diseases and injuries.
- Manage primary care patients by ordering lab work, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, requesting consultations to specialty services, providing appropriate follow-up care, triaging of patients with non-medicine complaints, diseases and injures to appropriate disciplines for diagnosis and treatment.
- Work in a team setting with other physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and support staff assigned to perform duties to accomplish the treatment of our patients.
- Use computerized systems to document notes, enter orders and request consults.
- Performing both academic and clinical duties.
- Perform outpatient duties and management of scheduled and unscheduled patients.
- Assign panel of patients, panel size is determined by VHA PCMM software package, panel size is specific to their practice and setting.
- Manage care of patients of different levels of complexity and ages.
- Patients requiring hospitalization will be referred to sister VA facility or Non-VA facility in accordance with guidelines.
(Note: Work schedules are determined and approved by the supervisor. The incumbent may be required to work various shifts on a permanent or temporary basis based on patient care needs, including weekends, holidays, and nights.)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Scope of Practice: Physician (Primary Care)
Relocation Expenses: A recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized to highly qualified individuals
Incumbent may be required to complete two-year probationary period.
Education and length of practice will be considered through a formal pay-setting process in determining the final compensable salary (Base Pay Market Pay).
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies in similar positions within corporate Orlando. This includes the same grade level and occupational series, but may be used for a different service or location.
The selectee may be required to work or travel between any of the locations within Corporate Orlando, including the new Lake Nona Campus.