The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE").
Learn more about this agency
Pay: Competitive salary, may be eligible for annual performance bonus, typically regular salary increases.
Paid Time Off: Annual leave at the rate of eight (8) hours per biweekly pay period; Sick leave at the rate of four (4) hours per biweekly pay period; 10 paid Federal holidays per year.
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years' vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA.
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement).
Incentives: Possible signing bonus, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment up to $120K for eligible debt.
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory.
CME: Possible $1,000 per year stipend possible 1 week paid authorized absence to attend.
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided.
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting.
Take a look at VA's Top 20 Reasons Doctors Enjoy Working at VA and VHA Physician's Brochure
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified clinical trainees, residents, fellows, interns, etc. are encouraged to apply; please follow the instructions in the How to Apply section.
OTHER RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVE MAY BE AUTHORIZED:
Recruitment /Relocation Incentive may be available to highly qualified applicants.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs and records history and physical examinations and records data from clinic visits.
- Evaluates, consults, develops diagnosis, and manages the primary care panel of patients assigned.
- Enters progress notes in computerized medical record and completes workload documentation in a timely manner.
- Provides medical care encompassing acute and chronic medical conditions and all appropriate preventive care for both male and female veterans.
- Orders diagnostic tests, medications, laboratory tests as medically relevant for each patient.
- Provides timely follow-up on results, including completion of view alerts.
- Determines medical assessment and develops treatment plans according to accepted protocols.
- Prescribes medications according to approved formulary, and in accordance with Federal and State Law.
- Educates patients concerning medical conditions and recommended treatments. (Specific topics include nutritional counseling, need for smoking cessation, need for periodic immunizations and health screening tests, and other preventive health measures).
- Consults other specialties as appropriate, according to service agreements.
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 0800-4:30PM
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required