This position is located at one of the various Indian Health Service Hospitals or Clinics under the Navajo Area Office. The primary purpose of the position is to serve as a technical expert within the specialty area of Orthopedic Surgery; the incumbent assumes responsibility for the diagnosis, care and treatment of patients.
NOTE: This is an Open Continuous announcement; applicants will be referred when vacancies occur.
Learn more about this agency
- Interviews and examines patients, reviews past medical history, and requests and/or performs diagnostic tests and examinations deemed necessary to obtain all appropriate information related to each case.
- Makes preliminary diagnoses, directs, prescribes or provides treatment, or arranges for specialized care in the field of General Surgery or patient referral as required.
- Provides urgent and emergency care as required.
- Refers patients to appropriate contract medical or other government facilities.
- Responds to acute emergency interventions, working closely in consultation with members of other medical departments.
- Serves as an expert in the specialized area and assumes appropriate administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.