This position is located at one of the various Indian Health Service Hospitals or Clinics under the Navajo Area Office. The primary purpose is to provide technical expertise in emergency medical care and specialized trauma in outpatient and emergency room settings in hospitals operating on a 24-7 days per week schedule.
NOTE: This is an Open Continuous announcement; applicants will be referred when vacancies occur.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides emergency care on a regular and ongoing basis to patients seen in the emergency room
- Makes appropriate referrals and obtains appropriate consultations after primary evaluation and documentation has been completed
- Recognizes and gives initial treatment of acute psychiatric problems
- Provides emergency medicine expertise and consultation in emergency medicine to providers at the facility/ies
- Serves as a committee member of the ER Committee, the Medical Staff Committee, the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and on other committees
- Participates in the performance improvement program on a continuous basis and performs other duties as assigned
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.