There are currently no open positions at our facility. This announcement will be used to recruit a pool of applicants for any open positions located at Butler HCC, within the next year. Should a position come open, all applicants at that time will be referred to the selecting official for consideration.
Education and length of practice will be considered through a formal pay-setting process in determining the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).
Learn more about this agency
The Primary Care Physician is a member of the Chief of Staff service line and directly reports to the Associate Chief of Staff for Primary Care. A primary care staff physician is responsible for maintaining professional, technical, and administrative knowledge, competencies, and skills to provide effective, timely and quality responses to patient's health care needs. They are responsible for primary care of a panel of primary care patients. All physicians comply with credentialing and privileging and required monitoring and evaluation criteria. The physicians maintain high clinical standards that are carried into decision-making processes, and continually strive to maintain and enhance skills, which may include teaching residents and students. The physicians comply with current standards for medical record documentation and residency supervision. Physicians will achieve a satisfactory compliance rate with the established Clinical Reminders, Clinical Performance Measures and Prevention Indicators (EPRP). The physician will provide appropriate care for veterans ranging in age from 18 through geriatric years, taking into consideration diagnosis and physical, functional, psychosocial, spiritual, and cultural needs. S/he serves as a resource for physician extenders (i.e., nurse practitioners and physician assistants) who are also delivering primary care and responds to all staff in the primary care teams in regards to patient concerns.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. Schedule may occasionally deviate from the usual 8:00am to 4:30 pm shift schedule
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- Primary outpatient care of assigned patient panel, utilizing a team approach, across the continuum of care including comprehensive health assessment and care management.
- Continuity and coordination of care management.
- Advocating for patient needs.
- Compliance with chronic disease and prevention indicators.
- Ensuring supervision of students and residents, when applicable.
- Maintaining clinical and administrative competencies.
- Actively participating in ongoing process of performance improvement in Primary Care.
- Participating in Medical Center committees and administrative assignments.
- Effectively managing health services.
- Serving as a consultant in Primary Care.
- Serving as a role model and/or facilitator in maintaining ethical and professional standards.