This vacancy announcement is open continuous with the Pharmacy Service Line of the VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System. As such we will review and fill positions as they become available.
Learn more about this agency
As a Pharmacy Technician, major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Read and interpret prescriptions, obtain proper medication in the proper strength and dosage form
- Determine proper amounts and counts, pours or measures the medications
- Affix proper labels and record required data on Pharmacy's copy of prescription order
- Dispense medication in ambulatory care or discharge situations (after a final check by Pharmacist)
- Independently fills first dose medications, missing doses and unit dose carts for inpatient areas without routine secondary review
- Document items dispensed in the unit dose computer package
- Prepare IV admixtures
- Maintain pre-determined level so automatic replenishment/ward stock medications for patient care areas
- Assist with inventory management
- Provide patient education on pharmacy topics such as requesting refills, drug information sheets and relaying questions to the Pharmacist
Work Schedule: The work schedule is intermittent (no set work schedule). This position requires work on irregular tours including nights, weekends and holidays. There are no benefits with this position.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required