Hiring rate: $20.47 - $21.70
Full rate: $20.47 - $28.07
Perform a variety of technical and specialized clerical duties in support of processing and record keeping functions for the City's One-Stop Customer Service Center (CSC). Provide information and assistance to customers applying for and obtaining permits and licensing related to construction and business development. This position must work well independently and with teams, while providing excellent, respectful customer service and human relations skills, which support Brighton's mission and values.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Reviews and processes applications for building and public right-of-way construction, site improvements and grading, event permits, business licensing, contractor's licensing, and related documentation for new business development and building/site alterations.
- Assists in completing applications; provides information regarding the application process and development codes.
- Provides customer service in person and on the phone regarding technical and process information.
- Functions as a project administrator for large construction projects by tracking and maintaining progressive activity through the review/approval/inspection process.
- Ensures timely processing of application requests.
- Accepts and monitors performance/surety bonds, and responds to requests from banks; calculates and collects fees for applications.
- Prepares related reports as assigned; prepares and maintains application files and other records; collects and compiles data; prepares standard and ad hoc forms and reports for internal and external customers.
- Assists in the development of public information material.
- Aids in the design and upkeep of the web manager.
- May help interpret information on maps and as-built drawings;
- Remains current on city codes as they relate to responsibilities.
- May notarize documents for City employees and the public.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Codes and local ordinances as they relate to responsibilities.
- Building contraction, engineering, or land use planning principles and practices.
- Record and bookkeeping systems.
- Mapping and basic engineering principles and plans.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Microsoft Office Software.
- Read and interpret legal descriptions and complex plans and maps.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Perform mathematical calculations and collect money/checks.
- Establish and maintain accurate records.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and others.
- Operate office equipment such as work processor and calculator as well as automated permit tracking systems.
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Graduation from high school or equivalent. Two (2) years of technical office support experience including the interpretation of plans and maps.
Physical ability to perform essential job functions: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see and demonstrate manual dexterity. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, stoop, and perform light lifting, up to20lbs.
Attainment of ICC certification required within six (6) months of hire.
Notary Commission preferred.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Ability to complete FEMA IS 100 and IS 700 training within six (6) months of hire.
The City of Brighton offers a wide range of employee benefits. Read more about our benefits package here: https://brightonco.gov/DocumentCenter/View/13628/City-of-Brighton-BAG-2018-v5-without-Contact-Directory