A vacancy exists for a full-time Optometrist, at the VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System, Leavenworth, KS.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent must provide both comprehensive eye care to include but not limited to the pre/post-operative care, management of eye disease, consultations, and emergency triage services and also be proficient in specialty contact lens fittings including keratoconus, post-surgical patients, high astigmatism, scleral lenses, rigid gas permeable and patients requiring prosthetic lenses. Our veteran patient population requires a complexity of care that ranges from minor health care needs to urgent care. Duties for this position are listed below; but are not limited to:
- Serves as a member of the Optometry team which holds a long history of high productivity and established residency and externship programs.
- Renders optometry services by conducting regularly scheduled clinics.
- Provides diagnostic, preventative, and therapeutic health services to patients.
- Assists in the administration of the eye clinic to include developing plans and procedures to enhance eye care delivery. Integrates eye care service with other professionals.
- Complete compensation and pension exams
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30am- 4:00pm
Financial Discloser Report: Not required