Jefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
Wehelp to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
Wewill be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Our hiring range for the position is $49,470.70 - $63,075.15
Are you a collaborative leader with the ability to develop and lead a team? Are you motivated toprovide consistent, quality customer service for library patrons? Are you passionate and skilledin the design and planning of materials circulation and work flow processes?If you are ready to support the Library's objectives, this supervisor position may be the job for you!
Jefferson County Public Library offers great benefits: Generous paid time off and paid holidays, flexibility to assist in your work/life balance, variousbenefit and wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, a tuition reimbursement program and trainings for personal and professional growth. Learn more aboutEmployee Benefits!
Watch a video about the Library's role in the community!
TheStandley Lake Library, a suburban library at the northern end of Jefferson County inArvada, is our first library offering an Outdoor Adventure Space to encourage unstructuredoutdoor play. Essential Duties
- Hires, assigns, trains, orients and supervises staff and volunteers in their area ofresponsibility.
- Recommends routine personnel matters affecting subordinates, including interviewingapplicants, evaluating performance, taking corrective action and scheduling.
- Be a problem solver who anticipates and solves issues as non-routine situations arise.
- Serves as Person-In-Charge on a routine basis for their location.
- Be a communicatorto direct reports regarding changes in policyand proceduresas well asgoals and strategic priorities for implementation.
- Maintains efficient and timely handling of materials including both processing reports anditems in circulation.
- Implements industry best practices for weeding, merchandising, labeling and promotinglibrary resources.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends in libraries and related fields to suggest newservices for development and implementation system-wide.
- Collects statistical information pertaining to circulation and functions as the local expert inthe integrated library system (ILS).
- The Operations Supervisor reports to the Public Services Manager.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related work experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years direct customer service experience.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Basic computer and technical skills appropriate for the position.
- Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills required.
- Public library experience preferred.
- Must be available to work days, some evenings and weekends, and holidays as required.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check, education verification and Motor Vehicle Record check.
**Please be aware:Due to increased security features added to many email providers, it is possible that email correspondence sent from "govermentjobs.com" could be sent to your spam folder. We encourage applicants to regularly check their status on governmentjobs.com to see if any updates (such as a request for an interview) might have been posted.When completing an application on NeoGov, you should receive a confirmation notice within a few minutes of submitting your application. Again, please check your Bulk/Spam or Junk E-Mail folder in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, you can then select the confirmation message and mark it Not Spam/Junk. This should allow for future messages to get through to your inbox.
Click Here forBenefits
- No, I never served in the military
- Yes, I served in the military and received an Honorable discharge
- Yes, I served in the military and received a General discharge
- Yes, I'm actively serving in the military
- Yes, I served in the military and received one of the following discharges: (Under other than honorable conditions, bad conduct, or dishonorable discharge)
- I do not have a degree, but I have the minimum 6 years related work experience.
- High school diploma/GED
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- I have no library work experience.
- Less than 1 year
- More than 1 year
- 0-2 years of experience
- 2-6 years
- 6 years
- I have less than 1 year of supervisory work experience.
- I have more than 1 year of supervisory work experience.
* Required Question