Under close supervision of the Deputy Town Clerk, performs a variety of entry to journey level clerical, reception and secretarial support duties for the Town Clerk's Office.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Greets and directs the public.
- Answers telephone calls and routes calls to appropriate individuals, offices, divisions or departments and receives and delivers messages.
- Provides customer service, information and assistance to Town staff, visitors and others having business with an assigned department or division.
- Assists customers with Department paperwork and/or other documents.
- Responds to requests for information and resolves questions and inquiries within the span of authority or refers to appropriate personnel.
- Receives sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assists with the purchases of office supplies and materials for Department or Division.
- Assists with the maintenance and organization of files, records and office equipment and supplies.
- Assists in the monitoring, updating and maintenance of calendar of events and meetings.
- Assists with the issuance of business licenses and maintains data base.
- Assists voters with early ballot requests during Town elections.
- Assists with Council agenda, packet preparation, distribution and posting of public meeting notices.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Town and Department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques and concepts.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and software.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in assembling information and preparing documents, letters and reports.
- Skill in working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience in customer service, clerical and/or secretarial support; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Directions for Applying
Please make sure your application is complete by filling in the education and work experience sections of the application as well as attaching a resume.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your application please call 1-855-524-5627 for customer support.
Oro Valley is located in northern Pima County, just three miles north of Tucson, and a quick drive to the University of Arizona and Tucson International Airport. With average high temperatures of 83.4 degrees, average lows of 53.8 degrees, the town sits at an elevation of 2,640 feet, covers more than34 square miles and has a current population of 41,011. Oro Valley was incorporated in April, 1974. Oro Valley is also quickly developing a strong reputation as home to the emerging bioscience and biotech industries. We are a young, diverse, dynamic community with a responsive government and our schools are among the finest inArizona.
* Required Question