Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of entry to journey level clerical, reception and office support duties for an assigned department or division.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Greets and directs the public.
- Answers all incoming non-emergency telephone calls and routes calls to appropriate individuals, offices, divisions or departments and receives and delivers messages.
- Provides customer service, information and assistance to Town staff, visitors and others having business with the police department.
- Responds to requests for information and resolves questions and inquiries within the span of authority or refers to appropriate personnel.
- Enters and performs quality control on all citations and warnings in the police records management system.
- Receives,sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Makes copies of citations, logs citations and sends originals to appropriate court.
- Maintains and organizes files and records.
- Distributes background questionnaires for Police Department and forwards to appropriate divisions within the Police Department.
- Accepts UPS and FedEx deliveries.
- Assists Records section with office support duties as directed.
- Assists customers with fingerprinting.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Town and Department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques and concepts.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and software.
- Skill in working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in evaluating potentially suspicious or dangerous situations if necessary.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience in customer service, clerical and/or secretarial support; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ACJIS Certification required within six months of hire date.
- Work is performed in an indoorenvironment.
- Background check and fingerprint clearance.
Directions for Applying
Please make sure your application is complete by filling in the education and work experience sections of the application.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your application please call 1-855-524-5627 for customer support.
Oro Valley is located in northern Pima County, just three miles north of Tucson, and a quick drive to the University of Arizona and Tucson International Airport. With average high temperatures of 83.4 degrees, average lows of 53.8 degrees, the town sits at an elevation of 2,640 feet, covers more than34 square miles and has a current population of 41,011. Oro Valley was incorporated in April, 1974. Oro Valley is also quickly developing a strong reputation as home to the emerging bioscience and biotech industries. We are a young, diverse, dynamic community with a responsive government and our schools are among the finest inArizona.
* Required Question