Wednesday March 4, 2020 (from 9:00 am to 11:59 pm PDT)
Do you love interacting with all members of the community? Do you pride yourself on your efficient assistance to others? The City of Napa Finance Department is looking for you, an expert office professional with incredible customer service skills and the ability to serve the public in a positive and professional manner!
Our new Office Assistant will enjoy providing administrative support for our department, which may include receptionist duties, typing, processing, recordkeeping, filing, reporting, and other related work/special projects as assigned.
In addition to meeting the qualifications listed below, you will have shown success in demonstrating:
- Customer Service ? Provides excellent service to ensure a positive experience for both internal and external customers.
- Communication ? Conveys clear, concise, and transparent messaging in the appropriate manner.
- Attention to Detail ? Follows procedures, ensures high-quality output, and takes action.
- Initiative ? Responds quickly, takes independent action, and goes above and beyond.
- Managing Work ? Effectively handles time, prioritizes, coordinates, uses resources, and stays focused.
- Continuous Improvement ? Finds opportunities and suggests ideas to improve processes.
- Emotional Intelligence - Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others' emotions and behavior; using insights to effectively manage own responses so that one's behavior matches one's values and delivers intended results.
The Finance Department includes 7 professionals and 24 support staff members. The department is continuously researching, learning, developing, and delivering innovative results oriented service, policies, and systems for and with employees, administrators, staff, applicants, and external partners.
This recruitment and examination is being conducted to fill one full-time Office Assistant vacancy and may be used to fill future full-time vacancies as they occur during the active status of the employment list.The active status of this employmentlist will be at least 6 months unless abolished sooner or extended beyond that date in accordance with the Civil Service Rules.
For a full, detailed job description, clickhere.
***NOTE: IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT INTERNAL CITY OF NAPA APPLICANTS USE A PERSONAL EMAIL DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS, RATHER THAN THEIR CITY OF NAPA EMAIL IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE NECESSARY COMMUNICATIONS.***
The promulgated eligibility list for this recruitment will be at least six months, unless extended or abolished sooner.
What happens next?
- We will review your application and all supplemental materials to select the best qualified applicants to continue in the process. Screening will include a review of minimum qualifications, application appraisal rating of education, training and experience and relevance of background qualifications related to the target job as well as supplemental questions if applicable.
- Applicants selected to move forward in the process may be asked to participate in any combination of the following (at any phase of the selection process): a written examination, job related exercise, phone interview, in-person interview(s), and/or web-based testing.
- Based on the City Charter, the final phase of the selection process is the Probationary Period, which in most cases is 6 months, but may be one year depending on your classification.
Reasonable Accommodations:The City of Napa Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate qualified disabled applicants. Individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the testing process must inform the HR Department in writing by the final filing date. A Reasonable Accommodation Request Form is available from HR and may be obtained by calling 707-257-9505, or dial 7-1-1 for the California Relay Service, offering free text-to-speech, speech-to-speech, and Spanish-language services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The City of Napa is an Equal Opportunity Employer,and we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace will maximize our talents to benefit the residents we serve.
Follow this link for more detailed information.
* Required Question