- Assists in the preparation, packaging and distribution of nutritious and wholesome food items that are of high quality,have eye appeal and meet cost parameters following standardized procedures and in accordance with established work schedules; follows recipes, production sheets, portioning standards;uses appropriate equipment.
- Assists in cleaning, maintaining and troubleshooting kitchen equipment;troubleshootsequipment issues immediately to minimize and avoid downtime and/or repair; reports malfunctions immediately to supervisor.
- Completes daily work activities in assigned food preparation areas, tray line or dispersion in time allocated under direction of Lead or designee.
- May be assigned to work in school location when needed.
- Complies with all food safety and sanitation procedures; understands HACCP procedures andassists in maintaining HACCP records.
- Rotates and assists unit employees in food preparation, tray line and dispersion tasks; participates in on-the-job training to maintain the operation of the central kitchen.
- Promotes SPS and Nutrition Services Department Vision, Mission and Goals
- Participates in food safety and sanitation training yearly
- Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Food preparation techniques and procedures
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Basic Math
- Modern methods of food preparation, including recipe adjustment
- Acceptable product standards, including quality and sanitation aspects
- Basic math
- Basic computer operation
- Use English communicationorally and in writing
- Team work
- Do simple mathematical calculations
- Follow instructions and use fundamentals of food preparation techniques and procedures following approved safety and sanitation requirements
- Learn Federal, State and Local requirements for the National School Lunch Programs
- Operate all types of commercial kitchen equipment, including a mechanical aptitude foroperating/adjusting complex equipment
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of employees
- Work under supervision
Valid Food Handler's Permit
Must possess a valid WA Food Handler's Permit
A position that is3.5 hours per day or moreis eligible for the District's benefits plans, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending plans. Enrollment is not automatic. In order to participate, you must complete and submit enrollment forms within 30 days of your hire date. Information regarding your benefits is available on the Benefits Website at www.ourpasswordpage.com (password is "sps") or by calling the Benefits Helpline at (206) 957-7066. It is your responsibility to enroll in a timely fashion, and failure to do so will result in your coverage being waived for the remainder of the plan year.