Summary of Assignment
Under the general directionof Child Nutrition Services Director or designee, responsible for heating and serving of high quality, nutritious meals under sanitary conditions in a Bulk Satellite kitchen.Essential Functions
- Prepare and serve attractive, high quality, nutritious, cost effective meals following menu planners meeting District requirements.
- Insure that all student helpers and staff comply with proper food handling techniques and follow safety and sanitation procedures.
- Develop, prepare and post work schedules and diagram of serving area for program continuity and to assure that tasks are complete within the time allocated.
- Maintain accurate records and complete necessary reports including meal count, cash count, tickets, menu planners, orders, delivery, payroll, inventory and other reports needed according to District procedures either manually or by computer.
- Maintain and schedule cleaning of kitchen and storeroom as well as kitchen equipment including tables and chairs. Report equipment malfunctions to insure safe working conditions.
- Order appropriate number of meals from central kitchen and adjust meal count as needed to utilize all food ordered.
- Maintain appropriate stock of food and supplies; rotate and reorder as needed.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relations with others.
- Assist school staff in promoting proper nutrition.
- Respond to suggestions, complaints and requests of building staff and students.
- Report all accidents promptly to Child Nutrition Services office.
- Train and supervise staff including conducting performance evaluations.
- Train, monitor and evaluate student workers, substitutes and assigned staff.
- Promote Child Nutrition Services programs to increase meal participation.
- Check and secure kitchen and dining area at the end of the shift.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Required to stand and walk for prolonged periods; ability to lift up to 25 Ibs.; carry, push, stoop, reach and ability to handle and perform fingering functions.
Required to shift tasks and priorities; experience frequent interruptions; requires flexibility and adaptability; perform repetitive tasks; requires individual initiative and teamwork; ability to communicate with students and adults in some difficult situations.
Requires effective decision making and problem solving; required to communicate with difficult individuals; excellent listening skills; adapt to change and remain flexible.
Have normal far vision, depth perception and color vision.
May be exposed to general cleaning chemicals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Food preparation techniques and procedures
- Food Safety and Sanitation\
- Basic Math
- Modern methods of food preparation, including recipe adjustment; acceptable product standards, including quality and sanitation aspects; basic math; basic computer operation.
- Use English communicationorally and in writing
- Team work
- Do simple mathematical calculations.
- Follow instructions and use fundamentals of food preparation techniques and procedures following approved safety and sanitation requirements.
- Learn Federal, State and Local requirements for the National School Lunch Programs
- Operate all types of commercial kitchen equipment, including amechanical aptitude foroperating/adjusting complex equipment.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of employees.
- Work under supervision
High school diploma or equivalent.
Valid Food Handler's Permit
- Knowledge of menu planning and the nutritional requirements of the United States Department of Agriculture school meal patterns.
- Ability to accurately complete necessary records required by the United States Department of Agriculture, the State and the District.
- Ability to take initiative, analyze information/situation and resolve situation or recommend effective solution to Child Nutrition Services office.
- Must possess a valid WA Food Handler's Permit
- Audit and reconcile inventory and financial records.
- Provide direction to assigned staff.
- Knowledgeable of basic food handling and preparation techniques and safe practices and ability to use kitchen tools and equipment.
A position that is3.5 hours per day or moreis eligible for the District's benefits plans, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending plans. Enrollment is not automatic. In order to participate, you must complete and submit enrollment forms within 30 days of your hire date. Information regarding your benefits is available on the Benefits Website at www.ourpasswordpage.com (password is "sps") or by calling the Benefits Helpline at (206) 957-7066. It is your responsibility to enroll in a timely fashion, and failure to do so will result in your coverage being waived for the remainder of the plan year.