About the Position:
This position is located in the Army Community Services Division, Family Advocacy Branch at Fort Benning Georgia.
This recruitment is for The New Parent Support Program (NPSP) Nurse Specialist position.
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree is preferred.
Learn more about this agency
- Provide standardized preventive, psycho-educational, primary and secondary, intervention services of an advanced nature and considerable difficulty through home, office, and telephone contact to active duty military personnel and their families.
- Develop Family care plans for identified families working with the appropriate case manager, health care professionals, or other agencies.
- Provide referrals of high risk clients to emergency services; crisis intervention, etc.
- Screen and identify first time parents who are at risk of maltreating infants and young children.
- Determine appropriate services for atypical high risk family situations, by applying knowledge of case management principles.
Occasional travel - Up to 15% Business Travel required.